We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Playa Grande and Hacienda del Mar in November

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
British Columbia...
Level Contributor
130 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Playa Grande and Hacienda del Mar in November

Hi there, trying to decide between these two resorts. Wondering if one is closer to town for walking in and eating, also does one have better pools, any comments welcome. Thanks, Kathleen.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
56,545 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Playa Grande and Hacienda del Mar in November

Playa Grande is on unswimmable / lovely Solmar Beach in Cabo San Lucas. It's walkable to town. map wikimapia.org/…bs

Sheraton Hacienda del Mar is in the Tourist Corridor between Cabo & San Jose, about 9 km from downtown Cabo San Lucas. map wikimapia.org/…bs (zoom out to see Cabo to the left)

BC
Level Contributor
397 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Playa Grande and Hacienda del Mar in November

Hi Kathleen,

Both Playa Grande and Hecienda Del Mar are large beautiful hotels but Playa Grande has the better location, You can walk to and from it and have the whole of Cabo as well.

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
130 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Playa Grande and Hacienda del Mar in November

Thanks, I looked at the map from pacificnw and saw that the Playa Grande will be the better location. Glad to hear that it is a nice hotel!

Tacoma, Wash
Level Contributor
12,751 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Playa Grande and Hacienda del Mar in November

You will have a great time at Playa!! Walk to town for food tho~

Onsite food is pricey and not that good...we get snacks and breakfast/lunch items and eat out in town for dinner.

Rooms are comfy and spacious. We have only stayed there once but enjoyed it~

Silicon Valley
Level Contributor
104 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Playa Grande and Hacienda del Mar in November

Hacienda del Mar is amazing, albeit outside of town. Depending on the day and surf conditions, the beach is even swim-able. At least it was when I was there.

Its a huge resort, the "owner" apartments are gorgeous. We stayed in a two level apartment that was amazing, and overlooked the lawns and beach.

I'd recommend it.

I'll be staying at Playa Grande this coming august. First time there. It is walking distance to town, which was my main criteria for picking it for this year.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,150 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Playa Grande and Hacienda del Mar in November

PG is great! While it is definitely not a swimming beach, the pools are great, the view is wonderful, and the convenience of being easily able to just stroll to the Marina and town is fantastic! No beach vendors-but you can walk to Medano in about 30 mins. if you don't stop to shop! ;) The units are nice and large, and very comfortable! You might check into renting from an owner to save $$! Enjoy!

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
7,992 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Playa Grande and Hacienda del Mar in November

November is prime whale watching season. You should be able to see them migrating past Playa Grande. The weeks we own at PG are in May & Nov, with Nov. being our favorite month of the year to visit Cabo.

I stayed at Hacienda del Mar for the first time last October. Here's a link to my review, if interested:

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g152515-d562…

There are two sections at HDM -- if you are not an owner, you likely won't be placed in the nicer section.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,150 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Playa Grande and Hacienda del Mar in November

I agree w/dmwalker-watching the whales is great from PG! I sit on my balcony w/my morning coffee in late Nov/early Dec. when I get to use my week there and just watch for them! The weather is wonderful also.

9. Re: Playa Grande and Hacienda del Mar in November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 April 2015, 06:16