We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where do the forty something non-couples go?

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
1 post
Save Topic
Where do the forty something non-couples go?

So, I have got to say that searching for a spot to go on vacation with a friend has kind of got me feeling like an anomaly! We are looking for suggestions on where we might go in Cabo. We don't want to be surrounded by all couples or all families? We like live music and a lively, but not crazy crowd. Any ideas of which all-inclusive is best for us?

Thanks for your help and happy travels, everyone!

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,141 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where do the forty something non-couples go?

I love going to Cabo-by myself or when I have a friend come join me! There are plenty of places you can go and enjoy and not be a couple. As for an AI, there aren't any 'true' AI properties in Cabo, but there are those that come close. The Riu properties are the closest to town, but the Pueblo Bonito properties offer an AI, as does Playa Grande, Solmar Beach Club, Grand Solmar and Sandos Finisterra is now an AI-again, not the true AI of other areas. Cabo is a great place for being able to be busy or very laid back. Great restaurants, good clubs, and wonderful people. Check out the Top Question section for some info on the AI's there. You may decide to do a resort that offers you the option of doing that for 3 days instead of the entire stay. Enjoy

PRINCETON
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,721 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where do the forty something non-couples go?

Going AI in Cabo is so limiting with so many awesome options for eating/drinking. You can find "deals" all over for drinks. Cabo Blue is a great bar for live music some nights and drink deals depending on the night. Tanga Tanga is a place to hang out and drink and also offers live music on certain nights. I know the patio bar on the quiet entrance side of Cabo Wabo has bands late afternoon, nice place but on the pricey side. It is Cabo Wabo you know.

Also like hanging out at Tiki Bar or Baja Cantina on the marina...can't say they have specials, and no live music (other then the wandering musicians playing for tips) but great people/marina watching and relaxing

Edited: 29 April 2014, 15:31
Silicon Valley
Level Contributor
104 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where do the forty something non-couples go?

What about the happy ending!?

Its a great place. Varied crowd, so you dont feel out of place amongst 20 somethings.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where do the forty something non-couples go?

Thank you all so much! I will check out all of your suggestions. Much appreciated.

seattle
Level Contributor
166 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where do the forty something non-couples go?

Cabo Blue (by Happing Endings), outside bar, music, and around the corner Rockstone (same owners).

6. Re: Where do the forty something non-couples go?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2015, 06:16