We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing Trip

Kaplan, Louisiana
6 posts
Save Topic
Fishing Trip

Me and my wife are going to Cabo May 19-24 and scheduling a fishing trip. Wanting to know what charter company we should go through. I have looked at Red Rum and Shushi Time . I see that Red Rum boats are bigger and moere expensive then Sushi Time. Besides that is their anything else I should know betwwen them. Is it a big hassel to bring your fish back with you when you go home?

We are staying at RIU Palace is it walkabe to the Marina and Downtown if not how much it will cost for two to get a cab?

3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Fishing Trip

GEAUX TIGERS!!!

Booked our fishing trip through Pisces had a wonderful crew and boat! Lots of tuna! They vacuum sealed all our fish froze them and delivered them to our hotel the morning we left! All we had to do is provide the ice chest. Tons of tuna steaks when we got back to lake charles.

Stayed at the Riu also marina is to far to walk to but not a bad cab ride at all!

Kaplan, Louisiana
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Fishing Trip

Thanks for the information. I will check them out also

Lafayette, Louisiana
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Fishing Trip

No way my wife and I are staying there May 15th through the 22nd. We are thinking of going fishing as well. Let us know if you find out any other information. Maybe we can get together and listen to a LSU baseball game while there. GEAUX TIGERS!!!

Upper Michigan
Level Contributor
3,436 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fishing Trip

The Sushi Time boat is a Panga which is better for fishing inside along the coastline, many times no bathroom (bano) and no place to get out of the sun. The Redrum fleet will start with 28 footers and go up which will provide you and your spouse more creature comforts. Griseldals does a great job of cleaning and vacumn freezing your catch. American Airlines now requires hard sided coolers to bring back your catch and most airlines require the fish to be vacumned sealed. We are down there twice a year for a month at a time each so anything else just let me know. PS please release all marlin to live another day.

Edited: 06 May 2014, 13:44
Kaplan, Louisiana
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Fishing Trip

Thanks, for the information. I believe we will go with Redrum. If it gets to hot we will have cover and we have better chance of catching bigger fish

Kaplan, Louisiana
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Fishing Trip

Is there any other charter companies you recommend besides Redrum. Pisces boats are already booked for the dates we are in Cabo

Upper Michigan
Level Contributor
3,436 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fishing Trip

I always use Santi Sportfishing for the panga and El Budster for the bigger boats. Both have a website. I do suggest you book before you go and do not get caught up with all the people walking the marina telling you they can get you a better deal. Many times you can end up with no boat and out the deposit.

Duluth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
5,142 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fishing Trip

good advice there. I'll second El Budster, and throw Renegade Mike into the mix.

USA
Level Contributor
56 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fishing Trip

My husband Max always fishes with www.cabomagic.com

Hope you enjoy your trip. Susan

Edited: 06 May 2014, 17:31
Arizona
Level Contributor
911 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fishing Trip

some good choices listed. couple things to add as you search: some boats will offer "all-inclusive, which differs from boat to boat as to what that includes. it may include 24 beverages (soda, water, beer), lunch, licenses and maybe live bait. sometime just some of those items. a single day license is about $16-17USd per person, and can be bought on the docks early in the morning before you go. We fish out of Puerto Los Cabos marina, and the lines for licenses are not too bad there before sunrise, not too sure how the marina is now, we haven't fished from the main marina in a few years. other than the all-inclusive option, some will also offer "bare boat", for a lesser amount. that would mean it's up to you to provide your beverages, licenses, lunch + live bait (usually $2 or $3/fish - say $20-$30 total - depending).

just some things to know as look at prices.

good luck and tight lines!!