We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap Drinks

Portland Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cheap Drinks

I decided to do it myself (read last posts on Cabo rip-off)

Please give me places you have found cheap drinks, try to be specific.

Name

Location.(if you can remember), we have all been there and done that)

Time of Happy Hour

Cost

I will take the final list and add it to my restaurant list. Then it's all on one.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,975 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap Drinks

Way to Go, Trapper! I can then print off one great list to give my clients! You are super, Amigo!

Prescott, Arizona
Level Contributor
295 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap Drinks

we found the Arch and Anchor on the marina good for 2 for one margarita (about 2.50 each) and 2 dollar chips and salsa a great way to intermission between a walk from solmar and medano beaches.. all day long it was 2 4 1 sometimes we didnt make it any farther lol

BC
Level Contributor
397 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap Drinks

Good 2 4 1 drinks at Finisterra's Whale Watcher Bar from 4:00 PM to 6:00PM. The real "secret" there is the appetizers. They make a great alternative to a large dinner (or maybe it's just the drinks). The calamari is fantastic.

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,064 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap Drinks

OK, here's the first one that falls into Trapper's can't quite remember category. Tanga tanga always seems to have cheap drinks, couldn't for the life of me tell you when or how much. In San Jose, the Tropicana has little killer damiana margaritas dos para uno from 3 - 5 pm daily (I think). Don't let the size of them fool you. The cheapest place for margaritas I have found is the Shrimp House. I've been going there for years and consuming mass kilos of shrimp. Everytime we are there we really enjoy ourselves so Mauro, the manager, seats us by the window to attract other customers. At his request we will shill for him (although that term is not quite correct since we do not act deceitfully when telling people his shrimp are great) and attempt to talk passerbys into coming in for food. Every party we bring in leads to a round of free margaritas. Who said timeshare salesmen had all the fun?

Anacortes...
Level Contributor
6,094 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheap Drinks

Tabasco Beach Bar on Medano Beach has 2-4-1 drinks all day.

Portland Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheap Drinks

Come on regulars I need your expertise, to make my list.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
3,309 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cheap Drinks

The new Casablanca on Medano beach next to Melia San Lucas has all day happy hour. A buckett of beers and a kilo of shrimp done 2 ways for for 330 pesos was a bargain at any price especially since 2 orders of chicken fingers with no drinks cost the same at the Melia. The Sandbar was also great for happy hour all day. Start with breakfast and a bloodmary there and work your way down to Billigins island and then hit them again as you stumble back.

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,768 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cheap Drinks

There is a little bar next door to Gigglin' Marlin -- 2 beers, 2 shots $5.00. And Crazy Lobster has shots for 70 cents (along with good combo meals for $12.00).

Kirkland, Wa
Level Contributor
745 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cheap Drinks

trapper3: This thread is begging for someone to open a bar called HAPPY HOUR where every hour there is a different drink for happy hour every hour of the day. I am sure it could take off. I can sure think of a different drink I woud like for every hour of the day!

Tig mentioned the one I have gone to that was good. Not sure of the exact times but i know that 11:00am I had 2 for 1 bloody Mary's at Crazy Lobster. $4.50 for 2 and they are mighty tasty!

Los Angeles
4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Cheap Drinks

I'd love to get your list. I am going to be down there this week.

What ever you have for Bars / Restaurants even if not 100% compiled yet.

Thanks!!

-johnathan