We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taco Cart for Hire?

San Diego
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Taco Cart for Hire?

Hello There...we are staying in a Villa in Pedregal and are renewing our wedding vows for our 20th anniversary in front of about 15 people. We are keeping it super mellow (5 minute ceremony) and would love to have a street taco cart on site for everyone afterwards. Does anyone know if there is anyone who would come to the villa and do this for us? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,064 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taco Cart for Hire?

I don't think they bring a taco cart, but I'm pretty sure that Tacos Lalo's would cater it.

https://www.facebook.com/tacos.lalos

or

http://infocabos.com/tacoslalos/

Edited: 24 May 2014, 01:34
livermore, ca
Level Contributor
171 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taco Cart for Hire?

It would seem to me that you are actually looking for a taco cart for hire and not someone to cater your event, If you will be arriving prior to your renewal vows, you might walk around and chat with the local taco carts or check with your concierge when you arrive.

3. Re: Taco Cart for Hire?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 25 May 2014, 06:29
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
3,098 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taco Cart for Hire?

According to my Mexican friend who is a restaurant manager in Cabo,Many Taco carts would be willing to set up at your event provided you pay them the equivalent of a days sales.Since between the set up and takedown,they would lose the day.Be prepared to pay for LOTS of Tacos.Some carts sell hundreds of tacos daily.

Edited: 25 May 2014, 06:35
Cabo San Lucas...
Level Contributor
2,204 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taco Cart for Hire?

VP - maybe your friend can suggest someone and provide contact info.

Here is an option, very local. There are a couple of "carts" on the arroyo by Tabasco's - mainly for the locals, but they close up early (maybe 3 pm). So if your event is in the evening, they maybe willing to come for less $$. There are a couple of carts in town that are only there in the evenings, so if your event is during the day, you may want to walk up and ask them.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
3,098 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taco Cart for Hire?

CC,I sent OP a PM.Great idea to save the OP money.He would save money by not hiring an all day taco cart and not be forced to pay for a whole days sale of tacos.

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
11,124 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taco Cart for Hire?

Best to check on the laws/rules that Pedregal has....doubtful that the Association allows taco carts???

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
3,098 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taco Cart for Hire?

TJ,I gave Pedregal a call and you are correct.You need prior approval before you will be allowed to bring a taco truck/cart into the community.I am presuming it is Pedregal De Cabo San Lucas right???Contact the Community management to avoid any misunderstandings.But they have allowed "special"caterers on occasion with prior approval.Some people do Mexican Fiesta themed parties and bring in street vendors to add local flavor.But with prior approval.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
983 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taco Cart for Hire?

The number one person that has to ok it is the villa owner. Every Pedregal villa contract I have read/signed stipulates no private functions without owner approval and a possible fee. Many villas will allow only their chef etc.

Lincoln, California
Level Contributor
4,234 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taco Cart for Hire?

sounds like just having someone grab 100 tacos for take out from Gordo Lele's 0might be the thing to do...hell for that many he will prolly come over and sing some Beetles tunes for you as well