We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mexican Pottery

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Mexican Pottery

Any recommendations on places to buy colorful Mexican pottery in Cabo or surrounding areas?

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,833 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mexican Pottery

Oh gosh-I wish I knew the name of the store-but do check on what you purchase, as there is a big difference in quality-some is perfect for baking in, others-not. If you look, you will see much finer detail in the good pieces. The store is in the basic surrounding area as Salvatores, It is definitely expensive, but wonderful.

Edited: 27 May 2014, 19:24
Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,064 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mexican Pottery

You can find cheap colorful Mexican pottery everywhere. If you want some nice talavera pottery I suggest either Artesano's which is just outside town or Mexican Pottery Los Cabos on Calle Francisco I. Madero in Plaza Alamar.

Here is a wikimap with the store centered under the "+" sign (about a block from KatD's landmark):

wikimapia.org/…b

Here is their facebook page:

https:/…MexicanPotteryLosCabos and their on-line catalogue:

www.mexicanpottery-art.com/company/index.php

Novato, California
Level Contributor
113 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mexican Pottery

I second artisano's and always look for "lead free" finishes

Dennis

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,833 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mexican Pottery

Thanks, Eljefe! I am guessing that may be the place I saw the beautiful pottery (yes, make sure any of it is lead free). I haven't been to Artesano's since I don't rent a car ;) Plus...........bringing home the nice large things would be too much trouble! ;) (I want a sink!)

5. Re: Mexican Pottery

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2015, 06:17