We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is this possible?

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boynton Beach...
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Is this possible?

Ok, the schedule for the World Cup has been locked down looks like my team if we make it past Round 16 and play the quarter finals It will be the day we arrive in Cabo. We arrive at 12:00 pm cabo time the game will be on at 2:00 Cabo time. Will it be possible to make it from the airport to the hotel drop my luggage off and go see the game at a bar close by that will show it? We are staying at ME Cabo and we booked Airport Cabo. Thanks

Vancouver BC
Level Contributor
3,906 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is this possible?

You may even find that the Game is on somewhere at the ME Cabo. The number 1 sporting event in Mexico and Cabo is soccer and the World Cup will be on everywhere there is a TV.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
3,673 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is this possible?

So...you'll arrive at noon.

Depending on how busy the airport is, it will take you 20 minutes to get through immigration.

Then another 20 minutes to collect luggage.

Then quickly out through security (ignore the time share people) to your waiting transportation.

If you have a private shuttle then it may take around 40 to 50 minutes to your hotel.

So, that's 1.5 hours.....I think you might just make it.

Edited: 30 May 2014, 19:33
Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
14,751 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is this possible?

You certainly will see part of the game......... If the airport is very busy you could spend 1 1/2 hours there, and another hour to get to your resort. You know what they say about Murphys Law !!!

Good Luck. I hope your team wins.

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,053 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is this possible?

Your doing everything right to be able to see it. Private transfer will get you there the fastest. I suggest Mango Deck or Baja Cantina Beach for watching the match. For that matter stay in touch with Airport Cabo as this gets nearer. They will probably know who will have your match, assuming your side holds up its end.

Eagle River, Alaska
Level Contributor
641 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is this possible?

Definitely a private car service is the way to go............

Boynton Beach...
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Is this possible?

Great thanks everyone

New York
Level Contributor
837 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is this possible?

Depends, a long line entering country and a less than flawless pickup and you could miss beginning of game.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
74 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is this possible?

Make sure you run to the immigration line, don't dily-daly, get through immigration and out into the street Do not stop at any of the vendors No matter how many questions they ask they will hold you up! then when you get outside looke for a mecabo sign they should have your name, then take off, don't stop for food or booze if you want to try and catch the game, your room will not be ready, so just leave your luggage with the concierge, and and take your important stuff like money and passport. Then head over to the Bar esquina its the best bar abd drinks and great place to watch the game. the mango deck will be way too loud!

Cabo San Lucas...
Level Contributor
2,017 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is this possible?

Try to get seats on the plane as close to the front as possible.

Boynton Beach...
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Is this possible?

Great advice everyone. Thanks