We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tipping Questions

Coeur d'Alene
Level Contributor
37 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Tipping Questions

We've pre-arranged our transfers to and from the airport with Gray Line Los Cabos ... do we tip them? I'm assuming so ... how much?

Also ... we're staying at Americana Fiesta or whatever ... I know that we'll try to tip a good one early on to a consistent waiter but any other suggestions or guidelines? My husband is cheap as they come ... so I'm really trying to this right.

Mentioned in this post
Gray Line Los Cabos
Gray Line Los Cabos
527 Reviews
San Jose del Cabo, Mexico
seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,915 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tipping Questions

you don't say for how many people your 'tranferred' but assuming two with baggage I'd give $5-10. A little more if driver provides beer and or water.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
25,351 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tipping Questions

I have one bag they have to handle, so when it is a shuttle-instead of private-I tip $5.........my standard rule of thumb for anyone handling my bag(s) $5/bag..........

Oregon
Level Contributor
2,590 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tipping Questions

I'm guilty of consistently over tipping, but if the service is good 10-15% is always appreciated....if the service is outstanding, than 20% is good too.

We once (and only once) received abysmal service. I left 50 centavos. The waiter ran me down and jammed back in my pocket, screaming that I needed it more than he! I thanked him and stated that at least I earned it.

Eagle River, Alaska
Level Contributor
641 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tipping Questions

I tip $5 for a shared shuttle , $10+ for private service (for one person)............

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
725 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tipping Questions

I've used Gray Line Cabo and liked their service and prices. You have made a good choice. I give $5 USD per person each way.

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
6. Re: Tipping Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2015, 05:17