We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trip review

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Grand Junction, CO
Level Contributor
110 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
trip review

Wanted to write a quick review of our trip to Cabo. We had a week there returning home 2 days ago. We have been going to PV and haven't been to Cabo in years. Going back there reminded me how much I like Cabo. We stayed at PBSB which was very nice. Its grown quite a bit since being there before. We stayed in the condos on the hill which I wasn't too fond of and would have preferred to have been down in the "older" section. Loved the sky pool, what fun we had there each day. The staff was fabulous, Carlos and Samuel took such good care of us. We did enjoy the new Asian restaurant and yes it is part of the AI. Weather was great, had rain on Monday but acutually that felt that OK as well. We only went into town 3 times, once to eat at Hacinenda as recommended by trip advisor. It was so good, the best sea bass I've ever had. We went in for our anniversary dinner and ended up at Ruth Chris. They treated us like royality, put rose pettles on the table, and a dessert with happy anniversary written in chocolate. They were so attentive, friendly. We had tired to eat at El Fallon (sp) but could not get reservations as they "save the prime time for thier hotel guests". You must be very comfortable in your business if you can save tables for the what if's and not use them for the for sure's. We also went to DOC's, it was so good and again the staff was perfect. We talked with the owner for awhile, I wanted to take him home so I could eat this food more regularily!! We used Cape travel which was timely and perfect. I think the best part of PBSB is the staff, they work so hard to meet your every need and do this with a smile on their face, never angry or short with you. What a memorable trip, we will be back in a few months. Thanks for all of the suggestions, it was very helpful. Mary

Tacoma, Wash
Level Contributor
12,755 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: trip review

Thank you Mary for the report!!

You had a good time!

Next time..if you want to eat at El Farallon..try having your concierge make a reservation...

There was a recent person here who wanted to eat at 8 pm for their anniversary...they were told no...

I contacted their concierge and the reservation "appeared"...

Can't wait to return!!

Is it October yet?

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
14,613 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: trip review

Donniemike..... Thank you for the fun trip report. I think that Capella resort where El Farallon restaurant is, can afford to save better seating times for the guests. It's because Capella is such a high end resort, and the guests go there because they are treated special.

Ruth Chris doesn't get mentioned much on this site because its a place many of us can go to where we live. But it looks like they sure went out of their way to take care of you two. Nice to know !!

Docs wine bar does have really good food, I can see why you would like to take the chef home. : }

Next trip give Alcaravea, and Puerta Vieja restaurant a try. So many great places to eat in Cabo. Part of the reason you need to come back !!!

BG.....Dont wish this great summer away !!! October will come soon enough !!

Edited: 29 June 2014, 03:05
Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,220 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: trip review

Thank you! It is always nice to read about everyone's trips!

Grand Junction, CO
Level Contributor
110 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: trip review

I started with that and he refused, said El Farallon doesn't like them to!! I asked for any day of the week, between 1800 and 2000 but was told no, it is saved for thier hotel guests. It did really surprise me but it certainly couldn't ruin the week. thanks

5. Re: trip review

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2015, 06:16