We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tipping front desk staff

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
878 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Tipping front desk staff

I consider myself to be a good tipper when it comes to wait staff, bell hops, cleaning personnel, room service etc. Is it customary to tip front desk staff when checking in and out or if you have questions for them?

Renton, Washington...
Level Contributor
544 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tipping front desk staff

I always do. Other than being a nice thing to do, the resorts where I stay don't turn staff over very quickly. I often run into the same staff trip after trip, and they remember me. At the very least, it feels more like "home away from home" when they say hi and remember your name. Plus, for those of us with floating weeks, the front desk folks are the ones who assign our room location. I figure being nice to them can only help!

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
25,148 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tipping front desk staff

I don't, unless I need something-like a dinner reservation and they kindly make it...........but with things like floating weeks, I probably would consider it.

3. Re: Tipping front desk staff

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2015, 07:16