We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DO I have to go to my PG timeshare presentation?

Silicon Valley
Level Contributor
104 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
DO I have to go to my PG timeshare presentation?

Im using my parents TS at PG for a week in August.

With all the horror stories of presentations and sharks and frayed nerves….. Why go?

Is there a legal requirement to go? Or is it just a sale tactic that they utilize: telling you that you must attend?

Also, if I don't have to go… but choose to; what are some of the BEST perks I can expect to get?

I don't know why, but over the last few years (I go annually) I always ended up at a timeshare presentation for the resort Im staying at. Why go?

Thanks all!

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,061 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: DO I have to go to my PG timeshare presentation?

There is no reason to go. It is not required.

Jeffersonville...
Level Contributor
379 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: DO I have to go to my PG timeshare presentation?

I just came back from Grand Solmar where I have a week. When I checked in, I told the lady that I was very happy with the deal I have now. They never bothered me again. You are not under any obligation to go to a presentation.

Edited: 05 July 2014, 21:14
Silicon Valley
Level Contributor
104 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: DO I have to go to my PG timeshare presentation?

Thats what I thought.

Two years ago, at hacienda del mar, we were told that its part of the LEGALLY binding agreement to attend a TS presentation.

THAT was a HARD sell. They took our room keys, passports, and ID's. All as part of an upwell to my buddy, who is an owner, and a hard sell to the three other guys who were there as guests.

Vancouver BC
Level Contributor
3,954 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: DO I have to go to my PG timeshare presentation?

Lucas there are Time Share deals on some web sites where they offer a reduced rate, but those offers are tied to doing the Time Share presentation. In those cases if the presentation is not done then they will charge you the full price instead of the reduced rate.

Doesn't apply to your situation, just don't go if you don't want to waste your vacation time.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,459 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: DO I have to go to my PG timeshare presentation?

I agree-don't bother...............as the others have said-it isn't required, and I hate giving up time when I''m on holiday-so I rarely even go to the owners meetings any more............I am not 'upgrading, etc., so why waste their time and mine :)

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
14,854 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: DO I have to go to my PG timeshare presentation?

Some of the presentations in Cabo are offering cash in the $350 range. Nice incentive if you can deal with the presentations. Some people like to get the perks, Most hate the hassle.

Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: DO I have to go to my PG timeshare presentation?

Rocky, will be visiting soon. Would be willing to do a time share if they are paying cash. Would you be willing to share what properties offer money? Last year (on our first trip) we did a time share thru Mega Store for fishing trip which produced absolutely no fish and a boat trip up and down the coast. It was very disappointing as we were not even allowed to touch the fishing poles!

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,459 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: DO I have to go to my PG timeshare presentation?

I have often thought about doing one for the $$-especially since I have a very small budget, but so far, I have decided to just eat on the cheap and not take up half a day on a tour..............but each year I seriously consider it! LOL

9. Re: DO I have to go to my PG timeshare presentation?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2016, 05:15