We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip review- finally!!! Early June & the Pueblo Bonito Rose

Washington State
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Trip review- finally!!! Early June & the Pueblo Bonito Rose

Hello! I'm finally writing this review (well, actually I tried once before on my phone and lost it while trying to edit it). My husband and I went to Cabo for 1 week in early June. This was our first trip there in 15 years (and 3rd trip total; our first trip being 18 years ago for our honeymoon). We flew out of PDX with a lay over in LA. Our trip down there was an experience in itself and I won't go in to too much detail but long story short, the plane had mechanical issues in PDX so we missed our connecting flight in LA. Fortunately, we ended up getting to Cabo only 1 1/2 hours late (and voucher credit through Alaska Air). We had roundtrip transfers through Best Day travel. Despite us getting there late, all went smooth. We stayed at the Pueblo Bonito Rose (PBR) in a studio room through our RCI timeshare exchange. We were on the 6th floor and had a great room for the 2 of us. We opted not to do the AI and we are glad we didn't. (We've never done AI before. I would consider it for the 3 day minimum maybe someday). We walked to town for dinner the first night (sorry, can't remember the name, but it was good) and then took a taxi to Wal Mart to get breakfast food, water, rum, beer, a little wine, and snacks. We spent nearly all day at the pool. We took the free (tip though please!!!) "shuttle" (which is a nice,huge, air conditioned bus) to the sister resort - the PB Sunset Beach twice during the week. The adult only pool there was fabulous and relaxing! We split lunches poolside at both resorts. We ate dinner at Tabasco's (which we loved; especially for the price and on the beach and quick walk from the PBR) 4 times! It was great being back in Cabo and as many of you had mentioned, it has changed a lot! Especially the Marina, airport, and Madano Beach seems much more busier and louder (and we are also 15 years older! :) The water on Madano Beach was much warmer than I recall. I love the location of the PBR and would stay there again. I'd also like to stay at the PB Sunset Beach and then take the "shuttle" to the PBR a couple/few times for the day. Our main purpose of this trip was to relax and enjoy the sun and that is exactly what we did! We thought about going to Lover's Beach and/or a sunset cruise and never got around to it! It was nice to get a way; just the two of us! Oh! One other thing! I highly recommend the coctail class! $5.00 per person (it may be included if you are AI) for 3 fabulous drinks! We did it twice (ours were at the PB Blanco but I think they rotate the locations) and enjoyed wonderful drinks and chatting with other tourists and the bartenders. Water aeorobics with LInda were fun too (at noon) until people started carrying each other like babies- I bailed then. (It would have been fine if I was doing it with someone I knew).

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,054 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip review- finally!!! Early June & the Pueblo Bonito Rose

Glad you had fun! :)

Orting, Washington
Level Contributor
257 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip review- finally!!! Early June & the Pueblo Bonito Rose

Sounds like a great relaxing time. We are headed down in Oct and staying at PBR also. Thanks for the TR

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,874 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip review- finally!!! Early June & the Pueblo Bonito Rose

Thanks for sharing and so glad you finally got back and enjoyed your trip!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
911 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip review- finally!!! Early June & the Pueblo Bonito Rose

Sounds like a good return. Love the ability to go back and forth between hotels, the Rose and Blanco are in a great location.

Washington State
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip review- finally!!! Early June & the Pueblo Bonito Rose

Thank you! Yes, we had a great, relaxing trip!!! Thinking of a girls getaway next time?!?

Washington State
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip review- finally!!! Early June & the Pueblo Bonito Rose

Thank you! Yes, we had a great, relaxing trip!!! Thinking of a girls getaway next time?!?

7. Re: Trip review- finally!!! Early June & the Pueblo Bonito Rose

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 July 2015, 06:15