We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spring Break in Cabo

Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Spring Break in Cabo

I am planning a college spring break trip for my son. Yep! I know it's not everyone's favorite group when they show up at your resort. However- I would love some all inclusive resort options. I am looking at The Royal Solaris in los Cabos but would like another all inclusive option closer to Cabo. Any suggestions?

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
66,741 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spring Break in Cabo

Royal Solaris is family friendly and is in San Jose.

Spring Breakers seem to take over the Riu Santa Fe, just a short distance from downtown Cabo. I don't know if Sandos Finisterra is as welcoming to Spring Breakers.

Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spring Break in Cabo

I wanted the RIU sante Fe. But,..... The RIU properties have a strict age requirement. No student groups under the age of 21 in March or April. An adult or parent has to be in each room. Still looking!

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,064 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spring Break in Cabo

I don't believe that spring breakers would find what they are looking for in San Jose del Cabo.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
4,251 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spring Break in Cabo

Totally agree. Spring Break doesn't really happen in San Jose. You want Cabo.

Vancouver BC
Level Contributor
4,383 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Spring Break in Cabo

Is there no one in your group that is 21. You only need one person of that age per room at the Riu Santa Fe.

As per their Web Site ( one person of 21 years or older is required in every room during March & April )

Edmond, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Spring Break in Cabo

Thank you so much for all the good posts! I'll ask about having 1 - 21 yr old in each room, but they are mostly sophomores in college so 19 & 20. :( Any other cabo all inclusive resorts that you suggest for college spring breakers??

Edited: 26 July 2014, 19:58
Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
66,741 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Spring Break in Cabo

It looks like you have two accounts. You can combine them or just use one.

Check into Cancun. It might suit them better as there are more AI resorts.

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Springfield...
Level Contributor
5,255 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Spring Break in Cabo

Perhaps a non-AI so they aren't quite as likely to drink themselves into oblivion. Are they wanting a real resort atmosphere or just a place to sleep and swim?

Cabo San Lucas...
Level Contributor
2,353 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Spring Break in Cabo

Krim - they are going to get wasted anyway - The AI just keeps the bill down

Springfield...
Level Contributor
5,255 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Spring Break in Cabo

True, but if they're paying for it out of pocket they might not get as bad. We were in Negril one year over spring break. Biggest mistake we made till we moved to the cliffs. I've never seen such drunk and stupid kids. One boy got so drunk he passed out on the beach somewhere overnight. He missed the bus to head back to the airport but his buddy had packed all his stuff and took it with him. He didn't know if the buddy had taken his passport or lost it somewhere. The tour operator was really ticked cause he had to take the kid to Kingston to get a passport and then haul him back to Montego Bay to catch a flight. This ended up taking like three days. Wish I could have heard the phone call home to dear ole mom.

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica