We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nikki Beach--worth it for a day?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
177 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Nikki Beach--worth it for a day?

staying at RIU. would it be worth going to Nikki Beach for the day and pay for food and booze there instead or AI at Riu? thanks

Vancouver BC
Level Contributor
4,140 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nikki Beach--worth it for a day?

Check out all the various Beach Bars on Medano Beach such as Billigans, Mango Deck, The Office, Tobasco's where you can drink and eat as well. Then decide which is worth it to you.

Puyallup, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,396 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nikki Beach--worth it for a day?

I can't imagine just staying at my resort the whole trip! Yes, make sure you explore Cabo. As the poster above said, walk along Medano beach and chose the beach bar that looks the most fun to you. You cannot swim in front of the Riu so going to Medano beach at least for a few days will allow you to do that. Nikki beach is great if you are young as are Mango Deck and Billygans. If you want something more laid back, Tabascos will be the first one you come to as you walk the beach from your hotel.

Make sure to have at least a few meals in town and go to the bars there at night too. I think AI is ok for breakfast or lunch and drinks by the pool during the day but I wouldn't want to eat buffet food every night when there are so many great restaurants in town.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
177 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nikki Beach--worth it for a day?

thanks guys. what are the approx costs at those places for food and drinks? i know nikki beach is $55 entry fee plus one bottle minimum ($200) for a lounger/cabana.

Glastonbury...
Level Contributor
255 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nikki Beach--worth it for a day?

You absolutely need to get out of the RIU to check out some other places. Do breakfast at home, head to Medano or downtown for some lunch and fun (beach is safer swim there anyways) then head back to Riu for dinner.

Nikki Beach is cool but not sure it is worth the money unless you get real excited about instagraming selfies titled "Nikki beach baby". ;) (which is fine if that's you thing...)

The other beach bars are just as much fun and have GREAT food / drink specials all day.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,054 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Nikki Beach--worth it for a day?

We walked into Nikki Beach in June and nobody said anything. Not many people around and a mixed drink was $10 US. During high season it is very expensive with the minimum charge and can't be compared even close to South Beach, etc. Way more fun at Mango Deck and the other beach bars on Medano Beach. It all depends on when you go to Cabo! :)

Edited: 28 July 2014, 19:53
Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
22 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nikki Beach--worth it for a day?

I agree with the others about getting out and exploring other options. We stayed at RIU Palace last year and, while fun to be able to buy the entire pool a round of shots for a $20 tip (BTW...tip well and early and you'll have a far easier time getting a drink when you want one), it's sort of like being on a cruise. Pretty soon, you get tired of seeing the same people and eating the same thing. Some of our best experiences were in town at places like Billygan's, Happy Ending and Rip's (just outside Cabo Wabo). While we will actually be staying at ME Cabo next trip so that we can experience more of Medano and Nikki Beach, though I'm not sure I'd pay to play there if we weren't at the hotel. I think the same fun can be had cheaper elsewhere nearby. Just depends of the atmosphere you like and are willing to pay for.

7. Re: Nikki Beach--worth it for a day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2015, 07:15