We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do I need to bring pesos?

2hounddogs
Level Contributor
122 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Do I need to bring pesos?

We're heading to Cabo in just about 2 weeks and I was just wondering if I need to bother with exchanging money for pesos. Or does pretty much everyplace down there take USD? I certainly don't mind bringing some local currency, but if I can save myself an extra errand before I go, that would be great.

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
67,141 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do I need to bring pesos?

No, you don't need to get pesos if you already have USD. (You have not indicated your location, but I am assuming you're from the US.) Most vendors will take USD. Sometimes you'd get a better value with pesos, but it sounds like you'd find it inconvenient to exchange for pesos. Don't worry about it.

If you decide you want pesos, exchange USD at your hotel front desk or use your debit card at an ATM at a bank.

Have fun in Cabo!

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
2hounddogs
Level Contributor
122 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do I need to bring pesos?

Yes, I'm in Denver, Colorado. Good to know that the pesos aren't entirely necessary. If I have time to go get some, I probably will. But you know how it is when you're trying to get out of town. Can't wait to get to Cabo!

Mentioned in this post
Denver
Denver
Colorado
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
2hounddogs
Level Contributor
122 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do I need to bring pesos?

I hit "post" too soon...Thank you so much for the info! I really do appreciate all the great info I get from TA folks.

Puyallup, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,456 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do I need to bring pesos?

They will cost more to get them at home. The cheapest way to get them is at an atm depending on what your bank may charge in fees. Or you can exchange at a cambio (bring your passport) or at the front desk of your resort. You can use US dollars but often get a better rate by using pesos.

5. Re: Do I need to bring pesos?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2015, 07:15