We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in January

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
wisconsin
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Weather in January

We are looking to travel to Cabo at the end of January? What is the weather like that time of year?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
245 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in January

Warm during the day...80's and cooler at night. When we were there in mid January this year there was no need for sweaters at night.

We find that Feburary is a very nice time to visit Cabo. You will love the temps when compared to Wisconsin in January!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
854 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in January

I was there this past January and the first week of a February. The days were beautiful, hot and sunny. I did have to put a sweater on a night if I was dining on the beach. It was perfect weather.

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
14,605 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in January

Im always there Jan/feb. The late nights and early mornings can get into the 50s. The men working are wearing mittens and winter jackets at the golf course, as we are in golf shirts and shorts. : }

It warms up fast and you can expect sunny days and temps in the 70s and 80s.

wisconsin
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in January

Thanks! Anything is better than Wisconsin winters!

Edmonton
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in January

Is it always windy? We are planning for late January.

Surrey, B.C.
Level Contributor
2,206 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in January

We also were there the past 2 January's and it was great weather. This past trip I barely wore a sweater or jacket at night.

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,793 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in January

Come prepared...two winters ago it was cold...and I am from Minnesota...and IT WAS COLD!! This past winter was not bad...actually perfect...but if you are expecting Mexico HOT weather like in Puerto Vallarta or Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo...it isn't like that at all. I always wear on the plane my hoodie...and it feels good some evenings when I am out walking...or sitting on the balcony. Bring shoes and socks...in case it does get cold...that was the saving grace of two winters ago...those of us with socks were much warmer!!! Slacks also feel good when the wind gets cool. This past February I even needed a/c...first time in 3 years of needing that. So you never know...but do come prepared...and plan what to bring in case it is cool. Nothing is worse than being cold...and needing a coffee just to HOLD to keep warm, instead of a nice ice cold beer!!

8. Re: Weather in January

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2015, 05:16