We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cabo For Singles?

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
1 post
Save Topic
Cabo For Singles?

Hi everyone.

I haven't travelled alone very much in the past, but I am eager to leave for a destination soon...unfortuneately, no one can really come with me this time...boo hoo. Is Cabo good for a single traveller...and if so which hotels would you recommend...Riu?

Keeping in mind I am 32, male..need to relax, but I really enjoy having a great time as well.

Thx

California
Level Contributor
299 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Cabo For Singles?

Cabo is great alone, with family, or a group of friends. If you'd like to relax I suggest a more relaxed hotel/resort and then to venture off to town when you wan't to have fun. If your not on a budget look at the Villa Del Arco or Villa La Estancia. Both great with a grocerie store, movie rental, car rental, scooter rental, computer lounge, cafe (i could go on) on site. Pueblo Bonito Rose and Blanco are also very nice. Those are all beach front on the swimming and "action" beach yet more relaxed at the hotel.

Cabo San Lucas...
Level Contributor
277 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cabo For Singles?

Personally I would stay at one of the smaller boutique type hotels where you actually meet all the people staying with you. Try Siesta Suites, Mar De Cortez, Bungalows or Los Milagros. You will be right in town might save a bit of money and have more to spend on other activiites. You can always go to Medano beach and hang out. The larger hotels tend to make you anonymous

San Diego
Level Contributor
66 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cabo For Singles?

FunABC - I don't know why a lot of people recommend the hotels on Medano Beach, close to town. From my personal experienience (and I've stayed at a few hotels downtown & Sunset Beach) I would recommend Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach. People are friendly everyehere - it is what you make it. They have a free shuttle into town and it is an upscale resort. Spark up conversations with folks at the pool (there are even games at the pool including volleyball) Check out the "Hotels" section on this forum and read what other TA memebers have said. I highly recommend Sunset Beach and would feel comfortable going again by myself!

Pam

Level Contributor
5,143 posts
677 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cabo For Singles?

I agree with cabogirl - the boutique hotels downtown like Los Milagros are great because you're right in the middle of the action, where all the people are, not on an isolated beach somewhere where the only people you meet are couples and families staying at your hotel, plus because they're so much smaller, you can actually get to know the people who are staying there.

If you're looking for bigger hotels, Marina Fiesta and Hotel Tesoro are located very conveniently right on the marina, and within easy walking distance of all the restaurants and clubs.

Cabo is a great destination for a single traveler - the clubs are full and the town is bustling with people. If you're into partying too, you may want to check out the Booze Cruise.

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
940 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Cabo For Singles?

ABC I have been to Cabo six times in the last 18 mo. I went solo four of those times. I LOVED IT. The people are so friendly I never felt like I was alone. And some times I wasnt alone. The night life is so hot and safe. Enjoy Jag

Rotonda West...
Level Contributor
544 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cabo For Singles?

Remember the Mar De Cortez does not have a tv, radio or any extras. We were there for 3 days but don't think I'd stay there any longer. Just wanted to say we did miss not having those every day things..............

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
517 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Cabo For Singles?

Go someplace with a "busy" pool. Odds are, you'll wind up meeting all kinds of people during the day looking to have a good time.

That is, if you want to hang w/ some other people while you're down there.

I wound up going to St. Maarten by myself and enjoyed it immensely. You're on your own schedule, met up with some people I could hang out with if I wanted to, but didn't feel obliged to. It's a bit liberating.

Have fun!

T

8. Re: Cabo For Singles?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 02:18