We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental cars at airport

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
194 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Rental cars at airport

Can anyone who's been to Cabo recently help me out. We are planning on renting a car at the airport and I'm wondering which car rental companies are the closest. On the Cabo airport map, it lists Thrifty, Budget and Advantage as being directly across from terminal one. But when I go on Expedia, it lists Alamo and another rental agency as being "on site." Did the rental car agencies change? Anyone out there have any information on this? Thanks.

PRINCETON
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,935 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rental cars at airport

All companies you've mentioned are "on site" in that there is a booth to go to and they will get your name and then direct you past the timeshare sharks and a van will be waiting to take you across the street to pick up your car. Very easy. You will see the booths after you pick up your luggage and pass thru the red light-green light station. This is where they randomly pick someone to check their luggage but most people just get the green lite to pass thru and then the car rental booths will be to your right before you pass thru the big doors into the area where all the people are waiting for you and making you think they are your car rental company....but beware...they are not, they are the timeshare sharks. Your guy will be beyond this area to your left waiting for you.

2. Re: Rental cars at airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 15:19