We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puerta Vallarta or Cabo?

san francisco
2 posts
Save Topic
Puerta Vallarta or Cabo?

My husband and I (30 years old) are headed to Mexico for some good weather in February. We get bored lying on a beach all day. While we definitely appreciate and enjoy the beauty that places like this offer we really enjoy activities, exploring, bars & restaurants, shopping. Should we go to Cabo or PV in Feb? We REALLY appreciate your feedback!

Reedsport, Oregon
Level Contributor
409 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Puerta Vallarta or Cabo?

i've been to PV several times. There are alot of activities you can do in the area all depending on what you like to do and how much $$ you want to spend. We did a snorkling tour with Vallarta Andeventers and it was a blast. They offer several other types of tours of the area and are very professional and I will use them again when in PV. The shopping is good in PV. They seen to have a wide variety of pewter, glass, silver and pottery. There are several galleries and other "high end" stores available if that is what you are after. I don't like the barter back and forth over a price. I knwo some think that is part of the fun. I just want the price to be fair for me and fair for them. The food can't be beat. We try to get a suggestion from a local while we are traveling. While in PV we went to Cuento's it is not in the tourist area. The food was great and very low prices. There are numerous night clubs in PV and seem that they have them for all ages.

We leave in a few days for Cabo. This will be our first trip to Cabo so I am not sure what to expect but it sounds like there is alot to do So it should be a great time. I hope you have a great time whereever you go and it's your vacation so... enjoy.