We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st trip to Cabo Nov 18-25, a few questions...

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
1st trip to Cabo Nov 18-25, a few questions...

This forum has been a fantastic resource for planning our first trip to Cabo (actually our first trip together as a "couple"), which will be Thanksgiving week. We decided to rent a car, insure it through AMX and add the 3rd party liability. We’re staying at Terrasol and ordering vouchers this week. I think we’re all set, except I have a couple of questions.

I didn’t see a lot of advice on scuba diving, except that most everyone recommended diving Cabo Pulmo. In the October issue of Sport Diver magazine, there was a nice article on diving in Cabo. The article mentioned 5 “must dive” sites:

* The Blowhole

* North Wall

* Cabo Pulmo

* Gorda Banks

* La Larga.

Can anyone comment on the diving at any of these sites? I planned on one, maybe two diving trips (2 tanks each) and wondered which of the above I should try for.

We’re interested in taking a sunset cruise --- do any of the facilities offer an “adult only” cruise? It’s not that I have anything against kids…I have 4 of them myself…but I’m not taking them with me and I don’t like drinking around mine or anyone else’s kids.

We’d like to have a romantic dinner on the beach. I read that they do this at Solmar, but since were staying at Terrasol can we still get Solmar to provide this for us? If so, how far in advance should we reserve it?

Finally, we’re planning to take a fishing trip, and assuming we catch something, which of the restaurants will cook the catch for us?

By the way, I created a “Cabo Coundown Clock” (out of a 1” x 2.5” photo of Lands End) using shareware, that counts down the days, hours, minutes and seconds to any time that you set it for. It sits on my PCs desktop, counting down the time. If anyone is interested, I’ll make it available (hey, it’s free).

Currently, we’re 9 days, 13 hours, 34 minutes and 12 seconds to Cabo!

Glendale, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,688 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st trip to Cabo Nov 18-25, a few questions...

Your clock sounds very cute. I'd like to make one for my desktop for my February trip. Unfortunatly I can't answer your dive question or your solmar question. The sunset cruise we did was the SunRider. I don't know of any adult only cruises. On our cruise there were very few kids but it really wasn't a problem, the drinking was in good taste and dinner was provided too so it was a "dinner" cruise as well as a "booze" cruise.

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,461 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st trip to Cabo Nov 18-25, a few questions...

I can help you with the Solmar question. It is right down the beach from Terrasol, right next door. They will cook your fish for you.

They cooked up Wahoo for us in May and it was yummy!

We did the Sunrider too and it was very laid back and decent BBQ. The Caborey is more formal and you can dress up for that one--dinner and a show.

The clock sounds great! I would love to say I only have 9 more days. I hope you have a great first trip to Cabo!

Kingsburg...
Level Contributor
279 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 1st trip to Cabo Nov 18-25, a few questions...

Hey, I am leaving in 3 days, but going again in Feb so I would love to have a Cabo Countdown Clock too. How do I get it???? Just let me know what I need to do!

Kingsburg...
Level Contributor
279 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 1st trip to Cabo Nov 18-25, a few questions...

Hey, I am leaving in 3 days, but going again in Feb so I would love to have a Cabo Countdown Clock too. How do I get it???? Just let me know what I need to do!

Glendale, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,688 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1st trip to Cabo Nov 18-25, a few questions...

cayucosgal, when are you gonna be there in Feb?

Kingsburg...
Level Contributor
279 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 1st trip to Cabo Nov 18-25, a few questions...

We are in Cabo from the 18th thru the 25th staying at Playa Grande. Where are you staying? We are traveling with 6 other couples and we all own timeshares at PG.

Glendale, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,688 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 1st trip to Cabo Nov 18-25, a few questions...

Cayucosgal, we are staying at Villa Del Arco, we're there the 11th and leaving on the 18th so we'll wave to you at the airport!

Tucson
Level Contributor
157 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 1st trip to Cabo Nov 18-25, a few questions...

Jilly...whats kinda air fare did you get out of phx for Feb? Im still looking in June and its $520pp

Atlanta
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: 1st trip to Cabo Nov 18-25, a few questions...

It sounds like we can kill two birds with one stone...have a romantic dinner on the beach at Solmar and have them prepare and serve us our own catch!!

I did post the instructions for setting up the Cabo countdown timer in a separate post.

If someone could answer my scuba diving questions, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks!

cabo
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: 1st trip to Cabo Nov 18-25, a few questions...

Hi

I see yout ake your vacations seriously. That's good. To stay at Terrasol is a very good options because you are very clos to town and on the bezch bye Terrasol, Solmar, Playa Grande and finisterra, there are no peddlers on the beach and ypu feel like you were in another town.

About a sunset cruise, I may recommend the Caborey. It is a very nice experience with dinner and show. it is definitely worth the money.

Anotehr restaurant I may recoomend is Justo al Gusto right on the Marina when you walk down from Terrasol. It is located right next to the lighhouse. You will enjoy this too.

Have a great stay in Cabo