We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Office

California
Level Contributor
467 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
The Office

My wife and I were in Cabo in Aug. When we were at The Office we were told it was going to be torn down and rebuilt. Have they started???

Anacortes...
Level Contributor
6,085 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Office

We walked by The Office last week and it was still up and running. The Fish House was being torn down, though.

WA
Level Contributor
112 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Office

I was so dissapointed we went on a Thursday night for their show and for the money could have gone on the pirate show apptz, drink curise for much less and more classy.

STL
Level Contributor
404 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Office

Sounds like we will be skipping the office for the first time this year. I notice last year the prices had gone up quite a bit, but from the reports here things are worse. What a shame.

Davo <-------- 17 days and counting!!

PRINCETON
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,887 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Office

when we were there in Aug, I saw the Fish House looked pretty empty. Any word on whats going in.

Findlay, Ohio
Level Contributor
581 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Office

i love the fish house it was always full of people we waited more than once for a table. just like Mexico when a place is doing bad no customers raise the price when it is doing good tear it down

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
935 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Office

We are leaving in 2 days and I have the Office as one of the places we wanted to stop by and check out. I keep reading really poor reviews on the place. But since I have never been I want to go and have my own experience of it ...

Maybe we will just go for a drink and share an appetizer ...

Does anyone have good reviews about The Office?

Rotonda West...
Level Contributor
544 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Office

You should go have a drink or whatever you want even just to say you were there. We thought our food was terrible and definitly way overpriced. Lousy service but the Mexican show really was good. Some customers were smart and just had appetizers. We liked Billigan's much better and they had 2 for 1 drinks all day which is great for the beer drinkers.

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,500 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Office

I had soup--$9! Not that good. Husband had $25. meal and thought it was O.K. We won't go back any time soon:-)

As cutie said --go, just eat before you go and then just get drinks or something small and enjoy people watching and having your toes in the sand. The location is great!

PRINCETON
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,887 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The Office

I don't know, maybe The Office was the first one there so it is "the place" to go. I like Billygans much better and it is right next door so don't see the issue of needing to be at The Office. Then on the other side is Mango Deck and the new Baja Cantina is next to Billygans. You'll just have to try a stop at all of them and then decide for yourself. Then let us know what you thought.

Kirkland, Wa
Level Contributor
739 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The Office

I know it is such a shame about The Office. It was always our first stop for dinner in Mexico. The last time we were there it was so disappointing. We have gone for the last 12 years and had great meals, wonderful evenings and great people.

The last trip we noticed that the prices went up around $14 a place for the entree's we usually get so instead of a $38 entree it was now $56. that was in 1 year it raised it prices that much. Now I don't mind paying good $$ for good food. But when the side dishes are the left overs from the outside salad bar you start to feel a little ripped off. The food was less than average and teh service terrible.

I am sure it just changing with the times like most of cabo. You should go though because the experience is fun and judge for yourself. If you have never gone before then you won'tbe tainted by the way it used to be.