We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Very Best Hotel or Resort

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Louisiana
Level Contributor
97 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Very Best Hotel or Resort

My son and his new wife will be going to Cabo the second week in March after their wedding. I understand this is also spring break. time. Can anyone suggest a romantic hotel or resort with beautiful views and maybe not so many spring breakers? Thank you.

Glendale, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,688 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Very Best Hotel or Resort

Villa del Arco and Villa La Estancia are right on Medano beach, but down the beach far enough away from the Bars. They are sister properties, very alike. They get a quieter crowd and not a real party atmosphere at all. The one bedroom suite has a spa tub, king bed, gorgeous large balcony / patio for laying and watching the action on Sea of Cortez.

I happen to have a one bedroom I'm renting in February (that week won't help you, but I took the description from my rental posting on redweek.com) I had booked a week in Februrary for my son and his new wife but they moved their wedding up to November. Hubby and I were going to use the week ourselves but recently decided to wait til we go in September.

Your son and his new wife will LOVE Cabo

DESCRIPTION - pretty much identical for Villa Del Arco & Villa La Estancia

This 1-bedroom suite sleeps 4 adults and is quite spacious at 1254 square feet (including 302 sq. ft. of private balcony with patio furniture). Other features include: 2 patio doors (one from bedroom & one from living room) and daily maid service.

• The master bedroom features a King bed, whirlpool Jacuzzi tub and separate shower; flat-screen satellite TV, double closets, double sinks, electronic safe, hair dryer, ceiling fan, and a clock radio.

• The living area includes a full bath, queen Murphy bed, flat-screen satellite TV, CD and VCR player, entertainment center, dining area and ceiling fans.

• The kitchen comes fully equipped with stove top, full-size refrigerator, and deluxe microwave. Other amenities include: washer & dryer, iron & ironing board, blender, toaster, coffee/tea maker, dishwasher, high-speed Internet access and mini-bar.

Edmonds, Washington
Level Contributor
673 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Very Best Hotel or Resort

Sunset Beach is away from it all. WWW.pueblobonito.com

Feel free to contact me for more information as I have a week they can rent!

Anacortes...
Level Contributor
6,009 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Very Best Hotel or Resort

I also recommend Sunset Beach. It's a beautiful, luxurious resort and is far enough from town that it isn't full of spring breakers. It's built on a hill so every room has wide open views of the Pacific ocean. All the rooms also have a private deck. Sunset has a free shuttle that will take them over to Rose on Medano beach where the party is. That way they can visit the party without living in the middle of it.

California
Level Contributor
2,010 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Very Best Hotel or Resort

lou...sunset beach is my vote, all things considered. There is no perfect resort in Cabo, each has some downside. Some are too expensive (800 per day), some are not on a swimmable beach but the beach is idyllic (sunset), some are on a swimmable beach but the beach is not idyllic (Rose and Blanco), some are near an idyllic beach but are far from downtown Cabo......

Hit the hotel tab above and see how the resorts are ranked according to TA travelers....that is a good starting point....and you can quickly rule out ones that are deal breakers for your particular tastes/budget.

Sunset is romantic, incredible views and away from spring breakers but a five minute car ride, a 20 minute free Mercedes shuttle or a $10.00 taxi ride away from Cabo hotspots.

I think it is the best of both worlds.

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Very Best Hotel or Resort

loulani,

i might as well throw this in the mix. Here are the basics:

2 bedroom

2 bath

Sleeps 4 people max

Gated community just minutes from Cabo

Gorgeous infinity pool

Private Patio with BBQ and Arch Views

Rates: $150 per night (3 night minimum)

$1000 per week

Amenities: Air Conditioning, Ceiling fans, Cable TV, Microwave, Range, Oven,

Refrigerator, Sink, Dishes and Utensils, Dishwasher, Coffee Maker, Blender,

Linens, gorgeous infinity Pool, 24-hour Security/Attendant, on-site parking. you can check it out at: http://www.barefootloscabos.com

Buena Suerte.......... jim

6. Re: Very Best Hotel or Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2009, 21:20