We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mar de Cortez, any ideas?

Boulder
Level Contributor
214 posts
Save Topic
Mar de Cortez, any ideas?

I've heard of MardeCortez, but no real info except it has no tv or phones. That might be a plus for me. Isn't it the home of Spencers Restaurant (greeat breakfast) Any ohter info?? Just checking all my options.

So California
Level Contributor
444 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Mar de Cortez, any ideas?

I have stayed at the Mar De Cortez. We had a clean comfortable room that was in line with the price.No frills, no extras.If you want to be right in town in the very center of everything and are just looking for a clean bed and a shower , then it works.My honest opinion is that I will not stay there again. It was fine but I have since found better.IMO Casa Rafaels is a much better value.It is located just off Medano beach and a short walk to downtown. Since they participate in the voucher program the price is not much different.But for my buck it is night and day.Rafaels is extremely clean, and has a very family feel to it.They only have 8 or 9 rooms. It was converted from a home to a small hotel so acces to every room is inside, past security and the very nice owners.

That my thoughts

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,462 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mar de Cortez, any ideas?

I know cutiepatootie stayed there in May so she can maybe give you some info. I cked out the room--very basic, older place but alot of people like it there. Spencers is there and very good. The location is good too. Alot of fishermen seem to stay there. The fruit vendor right next to MDC is really good! :-)

Boulder
Level Contributor
214 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Mar de Cortez, any ideas?

Thank you so much. You guys are the best. I'm going to check out Casa Rafaels' website.

Can't wait to get to the fruit stand; it is crazy in Boulder,sooooo cold now, fourth week in a row of Bibilcal temperatures, snow, wind; I've had enough of this I need sand between my toes.

Dallas
Level Contributor
300 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mar de Cortez, any ideas?

We stay at Mar de Cortez every year for a few nights prior to our timeshare week. We enjoy it and the restaurant is great. You can't beat the location. It also has a small, but nice pool area. The only thing I would caution is that it can be a bit loud at night. A lot of doors slamming and you can sometimes hear the music from Cabo Wabo and Gigglin Marlin. I also know you can request a small refrigerator from the office.

California
Level Contributor
729 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mar de Cortez, any ideas?

Hi Boulder!

I can't speak for the Mar de Cortez, but I just made my reservations for Casa Raphael, and I am sorry to tell you, I just bought the last of the vouchers for that hotel! I was lucky to get those!! Like yourself, I am coooooold! But I am in Northern California! BRrrrrrr, how do you all handle that much cold in Colorado! I literally decided to go two nites ago, and spoke to Gerri at the voucher program in San Diego. I took the last of the vouchers for my nine night stay.

Hardly any of the restaurants are available! I guess we told too many people about them and they're all out of them. Only two restauarants that I was interested in were available and one activity, the sunset cruise with Princessa.

Anyone else going next weekend? Funday the 21st till Jan 30th!!!

Hasta!

PRINCETON
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,815 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mar de Cortez, any ideas?

Chicamundo,

I too am freezing my cucarachas off here in No. Cal. We're heading out Jan 29th staying at Siesta Suites. Will almost be passing you in the airport. Enjoy some cold cervezas in sunny Cabo while we are waiting for our flight.....

California
Level Contributor
729 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mar de Cortez, any ideas?

Attilla!!

just posted to Tooley that I was going to bring some items for the children if someone would be available for me to connect with! She gave me your name!!!

What time will you be arriving on the 29th? I am leaving on the 30th and hope to give you my package for the children!

Where are you in North. Calif?

Toledo, OH
Level Contributor
314 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Mar de Cortez, any ideas?

My friends and I (30's - 50's) stay at Mar de Cortez every year. Booking again for October. It's practically right across from the Cabo Wabo bar. No complaints. It's nothing fancy, but very clean and convenient. Spencers has great breakfasts. Noise hasn't been a problem for us, however we come back to our room late at night. The shower is great. Room enough for 6! And HOT water.

Rotonda West...
Level Contributor
544 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mar de Cortez, any ideas?

I think you'll be happier at Casa Rapheal. I'm in agreement with Redneck; I probably wouldn't stay at the MDC again. It is a minimalist room and I do like having a tv. I also didn't think the staff was very friendly, not rude or anything , just didn't talk to you. The pool area is nice and I enjoyed the birds. There were a couple different kinds of wood[eckers. (this is what you do as you age, look at birds. :-))..............Have a great time, I know you will.........

Boulder
Level Contributor
214 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Mar de Cortez, any ideas?

Hey Gang,

I tried yesterday to make reservations at Casa Rafhaels and they had nothing at all during my stay 3/15-4/20. I was surprised at how fast everything is filling up, I guess that's why they call it Spring Break. I can't wait to get out of Colorado, never seen a winter like this one, fourth week in a row of snow,and I just heard we are getting10 more inches. It is currently minus 8 wind chill. I deserve a nice long vacation in Cabo, can't wait.. I think I'll go on and reserve MardeCortez and keep trying for other locations, better safe than sorry. Once again thanks, you guys are the best.