We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Active Vacation Ideas

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Miami, FL
6 posts
Save Topic
Active Vacation Ideas

Does anyone have any suggestions or recomendations for outdoor activities in Cabo?? Any good dive sites or operators, kayaking trips, hiking, ect? Thanks!

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
96 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Active Vacation Ideas

we used baja wild (check them out at bajawild.com) for a half day kayaking/snorkeling trip. they picked us up in san lucas at 9:15am, drove up to twin dolphin bay, kayaked to santa maria bay, snorkled, kayaked on to chileno bay, snorkeled some more...and back to the hotel at about 3:00pm. it cost $50. they were awesome! our concierge, who was otherwise very good had never heard of them, and didn't have any recommendations for kayaking and snorkeling except out to the arch, which is just too hectic (too many people). i had heard of baja wild prior to going down there, and he looked them up and made arrangements. they were great!

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Active Vacation Ideas

vcm,

cabo Aquaportes offers dive and snorkleing trips. Cabo Pulmo is am aewsome dive site. If you are renting a car there are many cool side trips such as Todos Santos and the East Cape. If you like to fish Cabo is unbeatable. Go to allaboutcabo.com or caboexpo.com there is a lot if info on these sites about activities in Los Cabos. I hope you have a great time! ..... jim

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Active Vacation Ideas

Just got back from Cabo. We did 2 tours with Baja Wild: a snorkeling tour and a hiking tour. I would recommend both tours. Very friendly and helpful tour operators. The hikiing was great because you got to get into the outback and really soak up the rugged Baja. Plus, you get to swim in this beautiful oasis at the end of the hike.....ahhhhh.

st paul, mn
Level Contributor
3,754 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Active Vacation Ideas

GRINDER-did you hike back to the (?)waterfall(?) The one trip i would like to do is dirt bike back up into interior suppose to be some deserted missions off the road.

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Active Vacation Ideas

Yeah. That was the waterfall trip.... plus you get to jump off the rocks into the oasis also.

st paul, mn
Level Contributor
3,754 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Active Vacation Ideas

what about the cows?

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Active Vacation Ideas

Cows ? Are you asking if the cows are a problem ? LOL. Yeah, you will see cows (big ones too) walking around all over the place. Sometimes, they are right in the middle of town chewing on some grass in the main boulevard. No worries though. It just adds some color to the place.

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
7,981 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Active Vacation Ideas

Be sure to ask WHERE the dive company plans to take you diving. Our friends are divers and when we were there last year, they used the diving company located right on the marina (don't know what it is called). They paid a fortune to dive and these people simply took them to the roped-off area right next to Lover's Beach and they almost got run over by a water taxi because the boat traffic is incredibly high right there. Plus, there were so many divers crammed into the small dive spot that they saw more people than underwater wildlife. If they had known in advance exactly where they were going to end up, they wouldn't have signed up for the trip. So, make sure you have them show you on a map where they are taking you to dive.

Miami, FL
6 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Active Vacation Ideas

Thanks for all your help...we're not going till May so if anyone thinks of anything else please feel free to post...I have heard of the overcrowding issue with diving, does anyone recomend a particular dive operator?

connecticut
Level Contributor
48 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Active Vacation Ideas

We leave for Cabo Pulmo/(2 days)/San Lucas (hacienda del mar) on Friday......Thanks to all of you, I spent hours every night vicariously planning our trip.....I really do want to know WHERE these waterfall oasis are(grinder) and also some hot springs.....have car, will travel. I think i'd like to kayak and snorkel around the rocks at lovers beach (rent boats near the marina by the hour?). Tour the glass factory (Where is it in town?) and go to the pig roast at Brisa's on Thurs. night. Take a drive to Art and Beer! Do an ATV in the desert for a couple hours on a double(any preference for tour companies?) have i left anything out? we like to do the extraordinary but not extreme.......like the outdoors and the simple beauties of life, oh and did i mention we're bringing the teenage boy? Help! :}