We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airfare fr Chicago - Help

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
64 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Airfare fr Chicago - Help

Can't seem to find any direct flights from Chicago for under $700.

Seems a bit steep.....any ideas? I've tried Expedia, Orbitz as well as United, America & Continental (which doesn't have direct flights)..

Thanks!

Niles, Illinois
Level Contributor
172 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airfare fr Chicago - Help

when are you going? we are going in late march and got airfare on mexicana nonstop going but connection coming back for about 450.00. We did book a few months back though. I booked directly on their website, it was less than expedia or the others.

Level Contributor
5,143 posts
675 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airfare fr Chicago - Help

Apple Vacations runs non-stop charters from Chicago to Cabo.

www.applevacations.com

I would also check Funjet - www.funjet.com - they often have good flight deals from Chicago.

United Airlines, Mexicana and American Airlines fly non-stop as well, though I believe American's service is only seasonal.

Try to be flexible with your dates - mid-week flights will usually be much less expensive than weekends. Also sometimes within 60 days of your flight you can find better rates. That's a gamble, of course, if the flight sells out quickly then it can come back to bite you. Try all the dates that could possibly work for you to see which day is cheaper.

Make sure to try the airlines' websites as well as all the major travel sites like CheapTickets.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, etc. Often (but not always) you'll find the best fares actually on the airlines' websites.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
64 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airfare fr Chicago - Help

Were planning on going 3/17-3/24. I saw the Mexicana flights for about $500 - may be worth the connection coming back to save $250+

Thanks for the tips. I'll be very very sad if we don't go. Stuck in Chicago's cold.

Rotonda West...
Level Contributor
544 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airfare fr Chicago - Help

We went out of Milwaukee for $419. Milwaukee to Chicago then direct to Cabo. It'd hard to believe but it was cheaper to go from Milwaukkee to Chicago to Cabo than just a flight from Chicago to Cabo. Crazy isn't it? It was on American. I've been looking for May and the prices are coming down on American but no directs............I've always had good luck with Hotwire. Do you check daily on Kayak? That's when I found the $419 flight by checking every day...........Good luck

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,571 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airfare fr Chicago - Help

Give you local travel agent a call. They have access to all the sites, have tour operators they use, etc., and they do all the work for you. Even if they use straight air, and charge a fee it's probably way less than you earn per hour :-) (Many times they use wholesalers/tour operators that still pay commissions-so no charge to you!)

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
64 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airfare fr Chicago - Help

Had to settle for a direct out of Chicago for $650. Extra $$ is worth being able to avoid connections & a crabby husband :)

46 days and counting...

Thanks for everyone's help!

7. Re: Airfare fr Chicago - Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2009, 14:23