We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Pacifica the right choice?

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Luis Obispo...
Level Contributor
219 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Is Pacifica the right choice?

Hi,

We'll be getting away sometime in March before my husband starts a new job. We don't want to be around spring-breakers and screaming kids.

The pics of Pacifica from the drive up look unattractive, but the pics of the resort itself look nice.

Would this be a good choice for a relaxing, upscale getaway with no timeshare presentations?

thanks

California
Level Contributor
2,010 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Pacifica the right choice?

Absolutely. Cabo Pacifica is desert meets ocean....the barren quality is part of the beauty...spare. There is a feel to it that you will probably love. It is not Hawaii.

The resort is spectacular and you will feel like you are at the ends of the earth (in a good way).

Bedford, New...
Level Contributor
19 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Pacifica the right choice?

Hi. We just returned from a week at Pacifica, and it was very enjoyable. It is a beautiful hotel in a very quiet location and it was indeed relaxing and peaceful. Depending on what you are used to you may find the food and beverages pricey. A number of posters on this site do. However, if you are used to upscale hotels you will find the prices in line with most other 4 and 5 star properties. We had a car which allowed us complete freedom to try other places in town as well, though you could do the same thing by taxis which are waiting at the hotel 24 hours a day. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful and were quick to address any request. The only complaint I would have (if you can call it that) is that the rooms are fairly small. But they are adequate and well furnished in typical beach resort style.

You should know that you will be talking to a timeshare salesperson as part of the check-in process. I simply told her I was not interested in a timeshare and that was the end of the discussion. I was not bothered again.

Overall, it's a great hotel in a beautiful spot. Enjoy!

chicago
Level Contributor
1,537 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Pacifica the right choice?

The Pacifica is awesome. Great for relaxing.

I have no idea why you say why the drive up look unattractive?

Here is my trip report. With pictures.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g152515-i84-k59197…

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
157 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Pacifica the right choice?

thanks gregdove

We are going to PB Pacifica March 13, and to see what it really looks like! Whew - even the brochure and the website can't compare to the shots you took.

I am getting more excited by the day!

San Luis Obispo...
Level Contributor
219 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Pacifica the right choice?

gregdove,

I couldn't figure out how to view your pictures? I'm on a MAC, maybe that's why?

We just booked for the Pacifica! I'm so excited.

Thanks for the responses - very helpful in making our decision.

Patuli

Anacortes...
Level Contributor
6,053 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is Pacifica the right choice?

Patuli -

It took me awhile to figure it out. Greg included a web address for his photos near the bottom of his review. When I did a cut and paste it worked.

Cathy

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
157 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Is Pacifica the right choice?

patuli-

I'm on a mac too, and in gregdoves post it was an active link, but it should work fine if you cut & paste.

The pictures were really great, so do try to view them.

chicago
Level Contributor
1,537 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is Pacifica the right choice?

It seems like tripadvisor only allows links to their site, to be "active links". Other links you will have to copy and paste into the address bar.

I wish they could add a real "trip report" function here.

Where you could add pictures right in it.

It seems strange to put a full trip report in the hotel review section.

San Luis Obispo...
Level Contributor
219 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is Pacifica the right choice?

Ahhhh, cut and paste. Thanks - - I looked at a few pictures of the Pacifica and then decided I want to be surprised when we get there, it does look really nice and peaceful.

Anyone have any favorite restaurants? We may go into town just one day and stay for dinner.

Thanks!

Patuli

San Diego...
Level Contributor
23 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is Pacifica the right choice?

Gregdove; thanks for taking the time to tell us all the details. Even looking forward to my trip more now.

You should post this as a review of the hotel on that area of the website, I think more people would see it and you could post your best pictures aswell.

thanks again