We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Jose del Cabo info

BG Ky
6 posts
Save Topic
San Jose del Cabo info

I am gathering various opinions about the area and October, last year we arrived right after the hurricane went by North, so we know there were cancellations, but we have also been told that October is down season, and have been told that Sj del Cabo, is normally slow anyway. 3 singles travelling so I know, if you want crowds stay in san lucas, thats fine for a couple of night trips but we enjoy the surf at costa azul. Just wish the resorts were a little more occupied than 08--we stayed at the crowne, nice place but about 30people there. Loved the small downtown area with the tropicana and the sports bar etc. actually met some singles there, guess im wanting to have my cake and eat it to ,,want to stay by the surf yet have a few more people at my hotel---so whats my question i forgot--maybe, think it was extra slow cause of the hurricane, or is there a resort or hotel more popular for single travelers. Thanx anyone

Central Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
4,626 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: San Jose del Cabo info

Otto,

I think it is going to be a little slow this year as well with the economy. I have stayed at el presidente in San Jose and found it to be a great resort! Not a late night crowd but we had great fun none the less. The staff there is second to none, the food is better than average for AI, they have a shuttle that runs a number of times a day in to San Lucas, and the beer is cold!

What more do you want?

F4B

BG Ky
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: San Jose del Cabo info

Could you tell me what proximity the presidente is in to the crowne and solaris, we stayed at crowne and actually walked (pretty long walk) one day to zippers and costa azul--but the free shuttle and cold beer have me thinkn october already THANX,,,maybe september :)

Los Cabos
Level Contributor
53 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: San Jose del Cabo info

Hola Otto -

I think you can have your cake and eat it too. While the hotels along hotel row are large, it is summer and historically low season. Tourism throughout Mexico has been slammed hard by the media hysteria over the flu (see forums.mexonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10 for another Cabo Forum in which to pose your question) so many hotels have very low occupancy; whoever is there is visiting. Have you considered renting a condo? Mykonos is a Costa Azul beach front condo development that I could recommend. You can see and easily walk to Zipper's and enjoy the surf. Single and married owners and renters spend hours on end at the pool area and are very friendly. And occupancy is likely to be higher than at any hotel. A great place to meet singles is Havana's Supper Club, just across the street from Mykonos. They serve up fabulous food and live music most nights of the week. Zipper's Restaurant is an institution. It offers casual dining - see …nytimes.com/travel/…restaurant-detail.html for better description - and great opportunities to meet lots of people day and night. There are also several restaurants along that end of the beach. Downtown San Jose is just a five minutes bus, car, taxi.

Have a great trip!

BG Ky
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: San Jose del Cabo info

Muchas Gracias--Hadnt explored the condo route. You know how the open bar and endless food of the All-inclusive has its allure to the those on the "guy trip" but like i say it was like us and 10 couples ,,maybe 2 families,, and the occasional airplane crew. I like getting off the base and experiencing more of the culture, but it seems more economical to have all that already covered as far as meals. Ill have to check on prices to compare. Any further tips or links are much appreciated.

Rockford, Illinois
Level Contributor
513 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: San Jose del Cabo info

Otto,

To help get an uderstanding of layouts and proximity, do a search of either the SJD or the CSL forums for "wikipedia". There's an interactive map, the link to which gets posted a lot. You can zoom in and out, and navigate in any direction. All of the resorts and most of the restaurants are tagged, so you should be able to orient yourself.

Have fun, and please post a trip report when you get back. I'm goind in Feb, and staying in the corridor for the first time. We want to spend more of our time in SJD, so I would love restaurant suggestions.

Anacortes...
Level Contributor
6,062 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: San Jose del Cabo info

Otto - Here's a link to the wiki map. I love it! You can zoom in and out. And scroll all around to "see" Cabo.

wikimapia.org/…9

BG Ky
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: San Jose del Cabo info

thank you thank you thank you---and i expect my trip report to include days of surfing, hanging out afterward at zippers, 2nights that we mostly dont remember in San Lucas just hopefully meeting more people at the hotel of our choice. again thank you thank you.

8. Re: San Jose del Cabo info

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2010, 07:19