We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Mayan

Which San Jose del Cabo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Menomonie, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Mayan

Has anyone been there in the last month or so? My family is heading there in 2 weeks, and I was looking for some recent news on the property and service.

Thanks in advance

J.

Walnut Creek, CA
Level Contributor
350 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Mayan

Our family was at the Grand Mayan in San Jose del Cabo at the end of August. We had an excellent experience! The property is pristine, the rooms spacious and comfortable. The pools are lovely and the beach is gorgeous. My only recommendation would be to do a little research on where to eat- the resort food is mediocre at best and pricey. There are great options in San Jose and Cabo San Lucas. We went to the Mega Mart and brought food and water back. They will tell you not to drink the water. They have an on-site de-salinization process that makes it "safe" but it doesn't taste good.

The staff was incredibly friendly and accomodating. We got to really enjoy the bellmen and concierge as we say them several times. If you take the time to converse with them they will give you many great ideas and local knowledge of where to go.

Enjoy your trip!

Silicon Valley, CA
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Mayan

Been reading the forum, figured I'd contribute to the forum as we just got back from there. Might be a little late...

There is also the guys in the empty lot next to GM that rent out horses for 20USD/hour. I asked another outfit (with flyers) going into town and they were 35/hr.

video of SJ GM : http://www.vimeo.com/7265519

Thornton, Colorado
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
3,032 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Mayan

mark_allan

Really liked your video and the music with it...but have to admit I still love the the Presidente next door, she isn't a fancy but she still has a lot of class;)

Silicon Valley, CA
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Mayan

I walked over to the Presidente 3 times on my way to the estuary. It seemed very vacant at the time. The pool area on the side was fenced off from the public so I couldn't see if it's being repaired or just "private". I also woke up before sunrise 1 day to see if there were some turtles in the Presidente area, but no such luck. Did ask directions from some of the Presidente cleaning staff to get to the estuary dirt path and they were quite helpful.

Silicon Valley, CA
10 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Mayan

Forgot to mention this... our family never ate at the GM restaurants so we have no opinions on their food. We cooked our own breakfast and were always out during the day. We shopped both at Mega and at Soriana and ate at Taq Rossy and Guacamayas type of places. The "fanciest" restaurant we went to was Habaneros.

6. Re: Grand Mayan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2010, 05:15