We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking into San Jose del Cabo at night

Which San Jose del Cabo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Colorado
Level Contributor
62 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Walking into San Jose del Cabo at night

Hi-

We will be staying at the Holiday Inn/Presidente in San Jose and I was wondering about walking into downtown at night. We have stayed here before and walked into town during the day many times, but haven't done the walk at night---Is it well lit?

Thanks!

Thornton, Colorado
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
3,032 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking into San Jose del Cabo at night

Actually it is fairly well lit especially once you get to the top of the hill and turn down the main drag into town. We have walked it many many times at night and have never had a problem. John likes to walk on the side of the street that doesn't run next to the estuary where as I don't really care I feel safe and in 30 years even prior to street lights I have never had any issues. Don't think I would take the short cut thru the estuary at night not because of being afraid but because it is dark and you can't see the trail;-)

Thornton, Colorado
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
3,032 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking into San Jose del Cabo at night

jk...one more thing I really do think it is highly unfair that you will be there very soon and I have to wait a few more weeks..........

Have a wonderful time and tell Alma Hola from Anita & John and we will see her soon!

Colorado
Level Contributor
62 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking into San Jose del Cabo at night

Thanks much Anita! I never paid much attention to the street lights in the past as we always went during the day---Glad to hear it is easy/safe to walk at night as well. I can't imagine trying to navigate the trail by the estuary without any lights---I would end up in the water with the birds!

How long is the walk to Puerto Los Cabos through town (during the day)? Last time we walked on the beach in the heat and it was pretty tiring...we were trying to get to Tommy's but got caught up by security in the marina and didn't make it to the restaurant....thinking we will try walk to Puerto though town this time---is it much longer than walking on the beach?

I will make sure to say Hola to Alma from you and John!! I will be very jealous of you when it is freezing here in Colorado in December and you are on the beach!

Thornton, Colorado
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
3,032 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walking into San Jose del Cabo at night

It is much longer or at least it seems so but the walk is easier. You know where the turn off is just by the Tequila store just follow it over the bridge, at least it won't be quite as hot now. If you take a taxi they will charge $6 from the hotel tried to charge $10 but Enrique (my favorite bellman) told the driver no way we would pay $6 and that was all. It worked that is what we paid. The shrimp cocktail appetizer at Tommy's is wonderful.

Make a deal with you....since we are both going to be jealous of each other about our trips you have Alma fix you an OB and think of me and I will do the same for you when I'm down there:-)

Carefree, AZ
Level Contributor
110 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Walking into San Jose del Cabo at night

We were walking home one night in late October and suddenly we heard bells. And across the street (the estuary side) was a COW munching on the grass. Next thing we saw were several cows crossing the street on eating on the island. So be careful.

Thornton, Colorado
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
3,032 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Walking into San Jose del Cabo at night

I have seen goats and a horse or two as well but they aren't really a bother.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,612 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Walking into San Jose del Cabo at night

JK - we did the walk from the marina back to the resort (took the beach to get to marina). It wasn't a bad walk, we found the estuary path to take us back to the hotel. I'd say it was about a 30-40 minute walk.

Once back at the hotel, we saw cows in the parking lot! I was so surprised. I asked Michael about them and he said they're free to walk wherever they please. Then I pictured one of them walking around the pool :)

Colorado
Level Contributor
4 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Walking into San Jose del Cabo at night

...what about walking from Bel Air Resort (used to be La Jolla Playa Del Sol Los Cabos I think)... anyway, seems like on the map a short walk to the Mega grocery store? Is it too far to walk to San Jose downtown (day or night)?

Thanks!

Thornton, Colorado
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
3,032 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Walking into San Jose del Cabo at night

COkathy, It is shorter to the Mega the into town, once you get to the Mega then you have about another 20 minute walk to the area around the town square and shopping area. If it were me I would just get a taxi because if I remember right from the hotel to Mega you will be walking along the highway honestly I can't remember any sidewalks maybe there is and I just don't remember them, once you get to the Mega the walk is easier because you have the sidewalks and at night it is fairly well lit.

10. Re: Walking into San Jose del Cabo at night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 10:15