We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holidayy Inn

Which San Jose del Cabo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
MN
Level Contributor
53 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Holidayy Inn

Looking for an update on the Presidente / Holiday Inn .....stiil the same great place?

Carmel, CA
7 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Holidayy Inn

I'm curious about this too. We're about to head down there and I'm hoping it's just as nice as when we were there 2 years ago. The hotel reviews here on TA are mostly positive.

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
507 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holidayy Inn

we are heading there as well. only 23 more sleeps.

we have a lanai room booked already. I know its worth

whatever price you have to pay.

Its 23 Celsius there today and that is just about perfect for me!

Hope you have a great vacation!

Anything is better than shoveling snow!

Thornton, Colorado
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
3,030 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holidayy Inn

MnDaddyG, Erin & Cyrus & b0r0....

As I consider myself the biggest fan and somewhat biased and long term expert of the Presidente/Holiday Inn l'll make a few comments.

I just got back from having another great 10 days there and for those that have been there before you will notice some changes some good some not so good. The staff is still incredible although when the change over happened some were let go and now it is a bit understaffed so they don't have the time they use to to interact with guests. THe activities staff isn't in my opinion as good as it has been and although there were theme shows every night they were not as good as in the past. I heard thru my grapevine that they are looking to bring back some additional entertainment for the evenings (I hope that means Benjamin the guitar player I really miss him playing and singing in the different restaurants!!!) Truthfully the hotel has never been known as a party place. They have cut back on the use of the a la carte restaurants with having 1 open and otherwise the buffet everynight. I personally would like to see at least 2 a la cartes (especially La Terraza) and a buffet. I found the food to be good but I have to admit I am not a foodie person so I probably am not the best to give an opinion on that, the lobby bar offers different munchies at cocktail time which is a nice addition they started during the beginning of the change over. The grounds are as always well kept up, clean & beautiful. The rooms are pretty much the same although it looks like they have been freshened up a bit and the new flat screen TV's are much better then what was there before. One thing I found reassuring is the GM Patricia Chapman does walk around the property and talks with the guests and seems genuinely interested in feedback, I think she is trying to find a happy medium between what corporate will pay for and what the guests want and she is fully aware of her competition in the area I don't envy her job it has to be really hard.

My husband and I renewed our vows on New Years Eve and although the staff was extremely busy getting ready for the big New Years Eve party they managed to put together an event for us that I can only describe as ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE!!!!!! The management even allowed many of the staff to join us for the ceremony which for my husband and I was an exceptional honor! John & I will be forever grateful to Carmen the events coordinator, the management and staff for making our event so special!

So bottom line even after the changes I am still a devoted fan and will continue to call the hotel "my other better home with better relatives" We are already making plans for a return visit in February to meet up with some new friends.

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
507 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holidayy Inn

Yippeeee and thanks

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
507 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holidayy Inn

I just want to add, that not all Canadians are as fussy, high and mighty, uppity, snobbish, and demanding as some that have posted recently about the Holiday Inn.

sigh

with that said...

22 days left until take off!!!

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
55,888 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holidayy Inn

an2jo2 ~ Happy Vow Renewal! It's wonderful that the Holiday Inn / Presidente staff was able to share your special day with you.

And kudos to GM Patricia Chapman for trying to make everyone (guests & corporate) happy.

b0r0 ~ looking forward to your trip report!

Thornton, Colorado
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
3,030 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Holidayy Inn

Thanks Rachel it really was a special day!

b0r0 just want you to know I met and talked with a lot of Canadians and found them to be very nice in fact there was a young couple there from Calgary that were so much fun and didn't mind hanging out with what some would call an old couple although in their kindness they kept saying we didn't act old and were more fun then the people their age at the activities pool :-) Ended up we invited them to the ceremony & reception and even have them in the group picture.

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
507 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Holidayy Inn

I know there are more happy Canadians out there...just seems like all the sour reviews for the Holiday Inn are coming from Canadians...just my opinion tho...

can't wait to get there, however it may be!

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
507 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Holidayy Inn

correction:

"just seems like all the sour reviews..."

should read..."just seems like the majority of sour reviews..."

my apologies.

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
24 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Holidayy Inn

Thanks for the review an2jo2! cant wait to go we are also heading there in Feb! and have never been that region