We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solaris to Sanctuary

Which San Jose del Cabo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
177 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Solaris to Sanctuary

Hi everyone, I will be staying at the Royal Solaris and have been told that the sanctuary is very close to this resort. Is this true? Is it walking distance? Can anyone tell me more about this place. Thank you.

Gibbons, Alberta
Level Contributor
479 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Solaris to Sanctuary

Sorry, can't really tell you more about the Sanctuary itself - we never ventured there, but it is just down the street from the Solaris. Probably a 5 minute walk (maybe 10 but I doubt it). You can also walk along the same road to downtown San Jose in about half an hour (we are probably slow walkers as we like to look around). The sanctuary is beside the Presidente, there are only a couple of resorts between it and the Solaris (can't remember if it's two or three).

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
56,533 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Solaris to Sanctuary

Are you talking about the Estuary? The place with fresh water & birds? Here is the wikimap so you can see both the Royal Solaris and the estuary: wikimapia.org/…b

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
507 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Solaris to Sanctuary

friends of mine just stayed at the Solaris and said its about a 5 minute walk by beach to the Holiday Inn (Presidente) which is right beside the Estuary. They never went in but we sure plan on it!

hope to bump into some fellow Saskatchewanians while down there...when do you go?

indiana
Level Contributor
76 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Solaris to Sanctuary

If you are talking about the estuary: Wife and I walked around there for about an hour. There were a couple unique birds, that was cool. There was lots of trash there, pretty gross.

It could be really nice if a manicured trail was put in with a couple decks overlooking the water. We did get the crap scared out of us when about a dozen cows came stampeding towards us down the trail.

We started at the beach and walked a fairly good distance along te edge of the water. Not a lot to see, I was on the West side of the water (near the hotels on the beach). Maybe the opposite side is more interesting?

For sure it is within walking distance from your hotel.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
177 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Solaris to Sanctuary

thanks everyone. last questions about the estuary; do we need mosquito spray? what time of the day would you suggest visiting there and last of all should we bring water, a lunch, bread for birds?

we will be at the solaris January 16 for a week. looking forward to it.

Thornton, Colorado
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
3,031 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Solaris to Sanctuary

Just returned from our stay at the Holiday Inn and went for walks around the estuary several times. The are starting what appears a reclamation of the area with cleanup and wideneing of the paths. There is some trash but it is obviouse that a clean up is underway although I hope it isn't a prelude to another "accidental or mysterious fire" to make way for more "progress" You may see horses, cows and an occasional goat in there but they are harmless and there are some interesting birds unfortunately not as many as before. I suggest you bring some mosquito spray or lotion there are areas along the river that seemed to have quite a few of the little buggers, mid day seemed to be a better time as far as there being less mosquitos around.

Thornton, Colorado
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
3,031 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Solaris to Sanctuary

Sorry about not editing my spelling last night. Hopefully you understood my ramblings. Forgot to add yes take some water as to lunch maybe a snack to munch as you are walking around but there really isn't much of any place sit and eat, the playground area is flooded right now but the actual path along the river is fine. As to bread for the birds I personally don't think it is a good idea because I think they should maintain the natual diet they are on and it doesn't appear that they are starving in anyway.

Enjoy your stay in San Jose!

Edited: 08 January 2012, 17:16
8. Re: Solaris to Sanctuary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2013, 10:19