We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

G20 Summit and Increased Security

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
3,720 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
G20 Summit and Increased Security

I wanted to share a notice that I received from our local friends.

With the G20 Summit arriving in Los Cabos on June 18 and 19, local law enforcement agencies are beginning to increase security in the area. As a result, visitors may start to see a very visible presence of security during their visit, including Navy, Army, local, state and federal forces. There may be random traffic stops along the highway, by a police force with automatic weapons, wearing full protection including face masks.

Please don’t be alarmed!

I have been advised by residents that this show of force is supported by the local community, and that the security forces are courteous and respectful to visitors and motorists.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,469 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: G20 Summit and Increased Security

Thanks for sharing! You might want to post this on the Cabo forum as well, as it gets more hits.

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,061 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: G20 Summit and Increased Security

Not only does it get more hits, but all of the people going to CSL use the same roads to get there. Thanks for the information Pantix.

Edited: 03 March 2012, 16:48
North Van
Level Contributor
7 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: G20 Summit and Increased Security

All the more reason to feel safe, works for me :)

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,061 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: G20 Summit and Increased Security

Pantix, I just cut and pasted this over to the Cabo San Lucas forum. Thanks again.

J-W
Illinois
Level Contributor
1,253 posts
1,060 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: G20 Summit and Increased Security

We will be in the Rea from June 1 through June 16. Guess we will miss the excitement.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,313 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: G20 Summit and Increased Security

Hopefully the diplomats are aware of the scam at the gas station on the way back to the airport in thier rental cars.

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
65 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: G20 Summit and Increased Security

What scam are you referring to? We are going to Cabo/SanJose April2-9 and plan on renting a car.

Los Cabos
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: G20 Summit and Increased Security

At this point, I have seen no increased security in the area. When Hillary was in town last month, yes there was increased security during her short stay.

I am involved in a private project about 300 yards from the G20 conference center. The construction site is fenced off with an 8 foot tall chain link fence but no guards or anything. I walked right up to the fence with no problems,

As the conference gets closer, I know there will be more security forces in the area.

Cabo San Lucas...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: G20 Summit and Increased Security

If anyone is looking for accommodations for the G20 summit in a hotel with kitchen 10 mins from the convention centre - please email me getme2catarina@gmail.com There are limited hotel rooms in the area and we are expecting 15,000 visitors.

10. Re: G20 Summit and Increased Security

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2013, 10:16