We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zoetry or Secrets

Which San Jose del Cabo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Zoetry or Secrets

My husband and I are thinking of going to San Jose del Cabo for a completely relaxing and somewhat luxurious (we don't want to pay as much as One and Only or Ventanas) vacation. I will be six months pregnant and we just want to have a quiet vacation where we are not surrounded by partiers or children (nothing against children, I have a three-year-old and am a teacher) and there is very little do do except relax and enjoy the surroundings.

We are looking for good service, beautiful pools and beach (I know some are not safe for swimming), comfortable rooms and good food.

Any thoughts? Recommendations? We are not attached too much to either resort, but from my research these two seem to be the right kind of place.

Also, is it worth it to go all inclusive so that you don't have to worry about getting in to town for meals? Or will we be missing wonderful local cuisine? We live in Los Angeles, so we have great Mexican (we think) at home.

Thanks for any info, thoughts, recommendations!

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
1 post
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Zoetry or Secrets

Hi - Secrets is a much larger and glitzier hotel than Zoetry. While Zoetry might not be as luxurious as Secrets, it's much smaller, quieter and more charming (and the rooms are probably a bit nicer at Zoetry). One bonus is that it's literally right next door to Las Ventanas, so it's just a few steps on the beach to that resort. I think Las Ventanas has extensive renovations going on so I'm not sure dining there will be an easy option but it depends on your timing. If you get the chance, the Sea Grill at Las Ventanas is charming and romantic. If you haven't visited Oyster.com, they have extensive photos (real ones) of most Los Cabos hotels.

I can't address the all-inclusive option but the food in Cabo is generally decent, if not spectacular. The views are usually better than the food.

Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
150 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Zoetry or Secrets

Keep in mind that you can not swim on either of these beaches.

If you can get a good deal at Capella Pedregal i would suggest this resort. It's like having the best of both worlds. At the resorts you have serenity and quite with superb service and if you feel like going into town it's only a 5 minute walk to restaurants and the marina.

If you only decide between Zoetry and Secrets I would go for Zoetry because it caters to guests looking for a quite and relaxing vacation.

Etobicoke
Level Contributor
294 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Zoetry or Secrets

Zoetry is amazing!

Fishkill, NY
Level Contributor
1,834 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Zoetry or Secrets

I am debating Zoetry and Secrets as well! I have been to a few Secrets and LOVE them. Zoetry looks amazing but I am worried that it will be TOO quiet. I think there are more dining options at at Secrets??? I believe Zoetry is not technically and Adults Only but not does encourage childeren. Would love some more feedback on the two resorts.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
3 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Zoetry or Secrets

We just booked the holidays at Zoetry after going back and forth between Zoetry and Secrets-- in general, I've found smaller size to track with better service. I would also love to hear any additional comparisons from people who have been to both.

Is there a non-all inclusive option at either Zoetry or Secrets?

San Diego
Level Contributor
57 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Zoetry or Secrets

i know it has been awhile since you posted but just booked at Secrets for Oct . and wondered which one you picked and hoe you liked.I had looked at Zoetry also. Thanks

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
14,449 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Zoetry or Secrets

stefdiego......... This is original post is from June 2012. Their vacation are probably over. Send these people a Personal Message by clicking on their photo (Avatar) to find out their opinions.

San Diego
Level Contributor
57 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Zoetry or Secrets

I knew it was an old post so I assume they went to one or another.But I did not know about clicking on pic.Thanks

San Diego
Level Contributor
57 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Zoetry or Secrets

I knew it was an old post so I assume they went to one or another.But I did not know about clicking on pic.Thanks

10. Re: Zoetry or Secrets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 March 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about San Jose del Cabo