We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Solaris rooms?

Salmon Arm, Canada
Level Contributor
2,170 posts
Save Topic
Royal Solaris rooms?

Could anyone tell me the difference between a " Family First Deluxe " room and the "Deluxe" rooms at the Royal Solaris? Are they just larger with an extra bed or maybe an extra room?

Thx

Mike :)

Mentioned in this post
Royal Solaris Los Cabos
Royal Solaris Los Cabos
6,258 Reviews
San Jose del Cabo, Mexico
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Solaris rooms?

Our travel agent suggested this room for us. We are family of 5, kids 2, 4, 6, however I think it only has 2 beds and you can request a crib. I'd like more info about this room also...thanks :)

Alberta
Level Contributor
89 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Solaris rooms?

Wondering the same thing... ??

Cabo San Lucas...
Level Contributor
5,797 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Solaris rooms?

Royal Solaris just had a fire two weeks ago. You may want to check on the rooms.

Mentioned in this post
Royal Solaris Los Cabos
Royal Solaris Los Cabos
6,258 Reviews
San Jose del Cabo, Mexico
Alberta
Level Contributor
89 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal Solaris rooms?

Ha, is that why I got huge sale email for this resort from Air Canada just now?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
431 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Royal Solaris rooms?

HI THERE- we stayed here two years ago and upgraded to that room.

Basically, it was exactly the same room, smaller bathroom to allow for extra room in the main area where they brought in a roll-away bed for my son.

The only real bonus was the much, much larger balcony that could fit two loungers facing the pool area, although we just used it to store all of our empty luggage as here isn't really any other room left once the bed is brought in, and used the drying racks outside for our towels and bathing suits.

Port Orchard
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Royal Solaris rooms?

We were there during the fire on 3/3 and went back for a couple of nights on 3/11 and 12. Some rooms are still not open and the resort is pretty dead compared to what it was before the fire.

Anyway there are several different combinations of rooms. King with a murphy, two doubles, and the availability of getting a double size rollaway. (they say the rollaway and murphy were the same size, but that is not true. The murphy was larger and more comfortable).

The front desk is was pretty good at getting us a room we wanted but we had to be very persistent. It seems like the only phrase Uriel (sp?) knew was "let me check something".

I would recommend booking the cheapest room and then changing it at the hotel. We thought the best rooms were on the ground floor with a view of the pool area. Be careful, some garden view rooms are facing the kids area and some have a view of the city which isnt very nice. Just have them give you keys to a few rooms and then you can decide.

They will charge $30 per night to upgrade to an ocean view, which could be just a sliver of a view. Some of the rooms still smell like smoke, the elevators and stairwells near the laundry are the worst.

Edited: 16 March 2013, 19:42
7. Re: Royal Solaris rooms?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 March 2014, 05:15