We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Suttle to SJD

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
40 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Airport Suttle to SJD

I have read a few older posts regarding Shuttle vs Taxi to get from the airport to our resort (Posda Real). My wife and I are going in February and would like some current info. We haven't reserved anything yet but am leaning toward a private shuttle. Any comments or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!!! If there is a "Favorite" of yours, please let me know.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
3,768 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Suttle to SJD

We have used Transcabo and have found them to be very good, although there are others that I am certain provide excellent service as well. Here's their website: http://www.transcabo.com/

To return to the airport, we find it convenient to get a taxi. No advance reservations needed, and it allows us to check the status of our fight before leaving for the airport. We were just in SJD with friends whose flight was 16 hours delayed (yes! you heard that correctly - due to weather in the east). No point going to the airport to hang out when that happens. :-)

Anyway, for us, taking a taxi FROM the airport is approx. $60 USD, however taking a taxi TO the airport is $28 USD, plus we pay the additional $2 to take the toll road.

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,064 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Suttle to SJD

We have also used Transcabo many times, and have always had good service. If you choose to use them you might want to check into making the arrangement through Cabo San Lucas tours (cabosanlucastours.net/Airport-Transportation…). For some reason it is usually cheaper to go through the tour company than to book directly with Transcabo, even though they use Transcabo for transfers.

If you want to save a bit of money as well, you could also consider using one of their shuttles rather than the private transfer. They normally don't have many folks going to SJD so the wait for other parties and stops at other resorts is generally minimal and the cost is ~1/3 of the private transfer.

Plymouth, Michigan
Level Contributor
45 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport Suttle to SJD

I also had a great experience with Transcabo, coming and going, in the middle of December. We had a shuttle that took eight people total. It worked great. The driver was prompt.

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
40 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport Suttle to SJD

Thanks everyone. Just booked with Transcabo on a shared shuttle (oneway).

Edited: 02 January 2013, 22:23
5. Re: Airport Suttle to SJD

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2014, 22:16