We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hyatt Ziva?

Bethesda, Maryland
Level Contributor
15 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Hyatt Ziva?

Hello. I am thinking about booking 5 nights at the Hyatt Ziva in February using Hyatt points. I am concerned that the hotel might be under construction or working out the kinks from the recent turn over from the Barceló. Any intel would be highly recommended. It would be a birthday trip for my husband - relaxation is the only thing on the menu. Thanks in advance.

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hyatt Ziva?

Hello! I will be there in December so I can let you know if I hear anything about upcoming renos and whatnot. It's a fairly new resort (from my understanding) so I don't think many renos will be happening. Maybe just regular maintenance that all hotels go through!

Canada
Level Contributor
767 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hyatt Ziva?

I was just there. It was running very smoothly. There was a bit of painting going on but, nothing to disturb you. Everything was still open. There was some construction noise while we were at adult pool. But, it wasn't bad at all. I napped through it a couple times. The resort is beautiful and well run. Feel free to ask any questions.

Ohio
Level Contributor
19 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hyatt Ziva?

We are going ther with 3 couples in February also. One of the ladies in our group loves to stay busy. Do they have pool activities and games during the day?

Bethesda, Maryland
Level Contributor
15 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hyatt Ziva?

Thanks for the insight from your recent trip! Did you have to make dinner reservations in advance for the a la carte restaurants?

Nebraska
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Hyatt Ziva?

We are also looking to book there for next year. Does anyone have knowledge on the swim-out suites? It looks like the swim out suites on the Adults-only side you can swim from your room to the swim-up bar. Does anyone know if you can do the same if you have a swim-out suite by the main pool?

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hyatt Ziva?

I don't think dinner reservations are required at the Hyatt Ziva :) They were required when it was a Barcelo though.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,618 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hyatt Ziva?

The adult pool doesn't have a swim up bar, it's adjacent to the pool. The swim up suites facing the main pool aren't connected to the pool.

Canada
Level Contributor
767 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hyatt Ziva?

They do have pool activities. Volley ball, aqua aerobics, games etc. lots going on.

Canada
Level Contributor
767 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hyatt Ziva?

No reservations needed. I loved that. We only had to wait to get into the French place. Only half hour. We just went to lobby bar and had a drink.

Canada
Level Contributor
767 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hyatt Ziva?

There isn't a swim up bar in adult pool. But, you can swim almost right up to the bar. They served us a couple times in the pool which was really nice.

Get answers to your questions about San Jose del Cabo