We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airport/ west jet vacations and holiday inn?

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
9,789 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
airport/ west jet vacations and holiday inn?

never been to this area ever but was wondering about the airport? are there issues with timeshare sharks?

we are traveling with west jet vacations and i assume we get a shuttle to the hotel? can anyone confirm that?

we arrive early in the am, by 10 am i think... will the holiday inn give you your room earlier if it's available? hoping to give my son a nap as it will be a 2 hrs time change as well and up at 2 am, he will be beat!

will they do anything special for anniversary's? room upgrades etc? we will be cerebrating our 14 year wedding anniversary while there. I did send a email to the hotel the day we booked , last wed and haven't heard anything back yet.....

Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: airport/ west jet vacations and holiday inn?

Yes there are sharks!!! After you clear customs you have to go through another room is full of sharks. Just head outside The WestJet rep will be out there. Sorry don't know anything about the Holiday Inn

Thornton, Colorado
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
3,049 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: airport/ west jet vacations and holiday inn?

Hola lin7604,

Don't know anything about WestJet but if you booked your air & hotel thru them then you should check with them to find out about transportation from the airport to hotel & back. The easiest way to avoid the shark tank is after you have cleared customs and are getting your luggage find a porter to help you get your luggage outside past the sharks and to your shuttle. It is worth the few dollars tip!

As to the HI...yes if they know it is your anniversary or birthday or whatever they will do something to acknowledge it. Although it is not always a room upgrade. As to early check in if your room is ready they will or maybe I should say have let a guest have the room. If it isn't ready and the little guy needs a nap perhaps you could take your towel cards go get your beach towels and have him lay under one of the umbrellas for a short rest. You wouldn't have to worry about your luggage as they will keep it safe in an area over by the bellman's station until your room is ready.

Did you try to contact Raul Caudillo the front desk manager or just go thru the email on the website? I do know Raul was on vacation and wasn't due back until today (the 3rd) and I would imagine it will take him a little time to get caught back up on everything.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
9,789 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: airport/ west jet vacations and holiday inn?

thx. yes i sent it to him, that explains it if he was on holidays as all my other emails were responded to very quickly when i was asking about GF a while back

good to know the time share sharks are there to be prepared, that is one thing i hate about PV's airport!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: airport/ west jet vacations and holiday inn?

We went to this resort last year with Westjet Vacations and are going again this year.

Yes there are timesharks at the airport. Look for a guy holding a Westjet Vacations sign and he'll direct you to the hotel shuttle.

We found check-in slow and we didn't get into our room until 3:30 pm. One couple on our flight did get their room by 1 pm. The hotel gives you your wristbands and you can at least enjoy the food and beverage services while you wait. Our daughter, who was 4 at the time, found her second wind once we were by the pool but was ready for bed really early.

If I can answer any more questions, let me know.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
9,789 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: airport/ west jet vacations and holiday inn?

thanks. ya i assume my son will ge a second wind too and now that he is 7, there is NO way he will stop to rest anywhere other then a bed! being up super early for a 6:45 flight and then arriving before 10 am but with a 2 hr time change is goign to make for one grouchy day for him... considering he normally goes to bed at 7:30 and that will now be 5:30,lol plus the early rise in the am... so not looking forward to that day! lol... well i hope the time change doesn't affect him too much for the entire week and he can adjust...

Thornton, Colorado
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
3,049 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: airport/ west jet vacations and holiday inn?

lin7604, having been a mother to 2 of my own sons and stepmom my husband's son & daughter and a grandma to 11 and at one point in time or another have taken all the kids & grandkids to Cabo (never all at the same time, I'm brave but not that brave) I can just about guaranty that your son will adapt much faster and easier than you will:-)

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
9,789 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: airport/ west jet vacations and holiday inn?

haha, you don't know my son, lmao... every time change we get since he has been born has taken him a good 2 weeks to adapt to. He is such a structured kid it's crazy! He does not adjust easy at all... he's super grumpy, tired and has a bad attitude during the process... the thing is we get our time change just before we go here.. talk about flip flopping around....in a short period of time. me on the other hand, never have issues :)

Manitoba, Canada
Level Contributor
58 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: airport/ west jet vacations and holiday inn?

We contacted Raul about room upgrades and he said it would be $30.00 a night more for 3rd floor balcony room and $40.00 more a night for lanai room on the first floor. We are staying for two weeks so that is quite a bit more money.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
9,789 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: airport/ west jet vacations and holiday inn?

Yes it all adds up fast! This was suppose to be a cheap vacation for us, so I doubt we will be able to afford to upgrade at all

10. Re: airport/ west jet vacations and holiday inn?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2015, 05:19