We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

exchanging money at Hyatt Ziva?

Level Contributor
52 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
exchanging money at Hyatt Ziva?

Hello,

I am wondering if the hotel has currency exchange? I am looking to change from CAD to pesos? Does anyone know the current rates?

thanks

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,258 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: exchanging money at Hyatt Ziva?

Best rate will always be from a bank's ATM machine. I would just use the ATM when you arrive in the airport in Mexico. Call your bank to let them know you will be using your card overseas so they don't block the transaction assuming it's fraud. When you call them, ask about relationships with Mexican banks.

You will likely pay a 3% fee, and a fee to use the machine the way you would at home if you use an ATM where you don't have an account, but your bank may have a relationship with a Mexican bank and sometimes that fee is waived if you use their machines.

The 3% fee is much better than the bad exchange rate we typically get if we use US dollars.

Oanda.com is my go-to currency exchange source - you can even create and print a currency cheat sheet in advance of your trip so you know what you're spending. They have a great app too.

suitcaseready.com

Edited: 18 February 2014, 23:07
Vancouver
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
3,813 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: exchanging money at Hyatt Ziva?

The Mega Store, basically across the street from your hotel, has a whole range of reputable bank machines including ScotiaBank and HSBC Mexico.

Here's a link to a traveler article that you may find helpful.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g150773-c205814/Los-C…

3. Re: exchanging money at Hyatt Ziva?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2015, 05:16