We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Place to stay for 2 nights.

liverpool
Level Contributor
68 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Place to stay for 2 nights.

I want to book a weekend away for me and my husband. After researching for days, I'm confused after finding so many beautiful places to stay.

I particulary like Hawes, Leyburn and Aysgarth areas and wanted suggestions for inns/guesthouses, but if anybody can suggest other areas that would be good too.

Thanks for your help.

Nikki

Mentioned in this post
Hawes
Hawes
Yorkshire Dales National Park, UK
Leyburn
Leyburn
North Yorkshire, UK
Aysgarth
Aysgarth
Yorkshire Dales...
Destination Expert
for North Yorkshire, Suffolk
Level Contributor
3,737 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Place to stay for 2 nights.

There are indeed numerous lovely places to stay, plus 'Yorkshire' covers a huge area. Is that what is confusing you?

Did you mean you want to stay in North Yorkshire? The places you list in your question are all in the Yorkshire Dales - is that where you wish to go?

Is this for a special occasion? And what are your interests? For instance Aysgarth is a tiny village (with wonderful waterfalls). Leyburn and Hawes are both bustling large villages/small towns. Aysgarth would be great if you loved walking and the countryside, but not so good if you wanted something a bit more exciting!

Plus - what is your budget?

If you could give us more info I am sure we could help more. In the meantime I'll share some of my favourite Yorkshire Dales places with you.

1) For romance and a special occasion - Yorebridge House. Not cheap but very special - many rooms have their own outside hot tubs. Food is great and the whole place has the 'wow factor' if you are looking for a treat.

www.yorebridgehouse.co.uk

2) For amazing sea food, and an overnight stay in a traditional Dales inn - the Wensleydale Heifer. West Witton is a reasonably sized village

www.wensleydaleheifer.co.uk

3) Another very good inn with nice food, but a very small village again, the Angel at Hetton -

www.angelhetton.co.uk

4) For a well priced and highly regarded B&B in a small Dales town - Roslyn House in Pateley Bridge (Nidderdale)

www.roslynhouse.co.uk

5) Another 'special occasion' place, and this is where we go for anniversaries, birthdays etc - Yorke Arms, Ramsgill. The food is out of this world, and Ramsgill is pretty, but it is a tiny hamlet and pretty remote.

www.yorke-arms.co.uk

6) Another well priced pub, small village, extremely pretty area - Red Lion, Burnsall

www.redlion.co.uk

Hope this helps.

Edited: 21 March 2011, 17:24
Mentioned in this post
North Yorkshire
North Yorkshire
Yorkshire, UK
Yorkshire Dales National Park
Yorkshire Dales National...
North Yorkshire, UK
Aysgarth
Aysgarth
Leyburn
Leyburn
North Yorkshire, UK
Hawes
Hawes
Yorebridge House
Yorebridge House
1,142 Reviews
Bainbridge, UK
The Wensleydale Heifer
The Wensleydale Heifer
1,808 Reviews
West Witton, UK
B+B York
B+B York
779 Reviews
York, UK
Roslyn House
Roslyn House
324 Reviews
Pateley Bridge, UK
Pateley Bridge
Pateley Bridge
North Yorkshire, UK
The Yorke Arms
The Yorke Arms
463 Reviews
Pateley Bridge, UK
Burnsall
Burnsall
liverpool
Level Contributor
68 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Place to stay for 2 nights.

Thank you so much for your reply.

It is North Yorkshire I'm thinking of staying, but as I mentioned there are so many beautiful villages I keep changing my mind about which one to opt for.

We both enjoy walking but wanted a village that was fairly traditional but not too quiet.

The budget is about £80 per night for the both of us (£160), not a huge amount but I'm hoping we can still find something.

We both need to recharge our batteries and have some 'us' time as like most people have been caught up in the stress and strain of life recently.

I will be looking at the places you have already recommnded.

Thank you for your time.

Nikki.

Mentioned in this post
North Yorkshire
North Yorkshire
Yorkshire, UK
Yorkshire Dales...
Destination Expert
for North Yorkshire, Suffolk
Level Contributor
3,737 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Place to stay for 2 nights.

Thanks for your response. Some of the places I have mentioned will blow your budget but others should be ok!

You probably know this already, but North Yorkshire has two National Parks, the Dales and the Moors. It looks as if you have settled on visiting the Dales and I'm sure you will find something to suit your budget.

This website can be useful -

yorkshirenet.co.uk/yorkshire-dales-bandb-sou…

Also Grassington Lodge sounds very nice. Grassington can be quite busy on a summer weekend but you only need to walk a few minutes out of the town and there are gorgeous walks. It's also got a good range of pubs, cafes, restaurants etc, so could be ideal.

www.grassingtonlodge.co.uk

Mentioned in this post
North Yorkshire
North Yorkshire
Yorkshire, UK
Grassington Lodge
Grassington Lodge
611 Reviews
Grassington, UK
Grassington
Grassington
Tenterden, United...
Level Contributor
2,464 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Place to stay for 2 nights.

Have a look at the link below for the Ellerby Hotel. It is at the upper limit of your budget but we have stayed at this small hotel/pub a couple of times and really liked it. Situated in a lovely quiet hamlet just at the edge of the North York Moors and a short drive to Whitby, Robin Hoods Bay, Staithes etc. Nice comfortable rooms, pretty garden and very good food.

http://www.ellerbyhotel.co.uk/

Mentioned in this post
North York Moors National Park
North York Moors...
North Yorkshire, UK
Whitby
Whitby
Scarborough District, UK
Robin Hood's Bay
Robin Hood's Bay
North York Moors National Park, UK
Staithes
Staithes
North York Moors National Park, UK
5. Re: Place to stay for 2 nights.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 08:20