We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Details about Tour de France, Le Grand Depart Yorkshire

Otley, United...
Level Contributor
78 posts
167 reviews
Save Topic
Details about Tour de France, Le Grand Depart Yorkshire

The routes of the Yorkshire Grand Depart section of the Tour de France have been announced today, here is the link. The video shows Yorkshire at its best.

I am really looking forward to this event coming through my home town!

http://letour.yorkshire.com

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
803 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Details about Tour de France, Le Grand Depart Yorkshire

I'm also looking forward to this, still trying to decide where to go and watch it. Although I don't live on the route, I'm only about half an hour to an hour away from parts of stage 1, tempted by either Skipton (easy enough to pop along the line via train) or a drive/cycle towards the buttertubs.

2. Re: Details about Tour de France, Le Grand Depart Yorkshire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 12 January 2016, 21:38
3. Re: Details about Tour de France, Le Grand Depart Yorkshire

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 24 October 2013, 21:35
Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
31,876 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Details about Tour de France, Le Grand Depart Yorkshire

Might just have to walk over the moors to Ilkley

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
202 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Details about Tour de France, Le Grand Depart Yorkshire

Well my flabber has been gasted...

My tongue in cheek reply about me letting out deckchair space in my front garden (with all you can drink Yorkshire tea) because my house faces on to the TdeF route ( completely true BTW) has been pulled really beggars belief.

Perhaps this proves why everything posted on here is treated with an unbelievable large pinch of salt.

Go figure folks!!!

Otley, United...
Level Contributor
78 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Details about Tour de France, Le Grand Depart Yorkshire

Ah Happily, I didn't see your post about the deckchairs and tea, shame! Good job I didn't put anything on about renting out my drive, might have been done for self promotion!

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
803 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Details about Tour de France, Le Grand Depart Yorkshire

I also wondered what the removed post was. Can imagine there are plenty of people intending to do the same thing, and no doubt as the event approaches, more people will be asking about where is best to watch the TdF from. Hopefully TA will allow some of the posts as some places opening up driveways/grounds are doing so for charitable causes, for example I am aware of a rugby club (IIRC, or at least something similar) on the route who are planning on providing car parking and a BBQ type thing for people watching as the tour goes past to help raise funds for the club.

Yorkshire Dales...
Destination Expert
for North Yorkshire, Suffolk
Level Contributor
3,563 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Details about Tour de France, Le Grand Depart Yorkshire

I was reading in my local paper that some official 'viewing hubs' will be set up with huge screens, toilet facilities, food and drink etc along the route.

It passes close to me, and the nearest village hall committee has been planning for ages - a farmer's field is serving as a car park, portaloos hired and what have you.

Whilst Buttertubs is fabulous it's been picked out as a particularly busy place to view, so if you plan to get yourself up there I'd do it very early.

9. Re: Details about Tour de France, Le Grand Depart Yorkshire

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 03 July 2014, 12:05
10. Re: Details about Tour de France, Le Grand Depart Yorkshire

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2015, 05:17