We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

self drive advice please

perth
Level Contributor
104 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
self drive advice please

I am having trouble planning where to stop on route from Cotswolds to Edinburgh. We will have a car and only 2 nights to stop along the way. I was thinking Peak district one night and Lakes district the other. Or Yorkshire one night, Lakes the second. As it is nicer to stay 2 nights in one location rather than moving my other thought was to stay the two nights in Cumbria.

I don't worry to be rushing around trying to see everything so am happy to just take in what is local to the area. No "must see" places just happy to enjoy beautiful countryside and pretty villages. Please offer any suggestions on where to stop, small villages preferred.

Thank you

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: self drive advice please

You have picked some lovely places and everyone has their favourites, but a suggestion from me would be Peak District and then stay on the Eastern side of the country and travel to Northumberland. Perhaps Alnwick, Alnmouth, or Warkworth and perhaps stop off to visit Holy Island as you go further North towards Edinburgh (If the tides allow of course)

perth
Level Contributor
104 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: self drive advice please

Thank you for your suggestions .

London, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: self drive advice please

Peak District, Northumberland, Edinburgh I'll strongly suggest these three places

4. Re: self drive advice please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 December 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Yorkshire