We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking For English Speaking Friends In Morelia

Montello, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1 post
27 reviews
Save Topic
Looking For English Speaking Friends In Morelia

I am spending the winter in Morelia & would like to make friends with other English speaking people while I'm there.

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking For English Speaking Friends In Morelia

Have you consider a language school. http://www.baden-powell.com/en/index is a excellent school a real plus is they also rent wonderful inexpensive apartments to let.

Eugenio Cortes the owner is about as nice of a human being as I have met. Lots of people there learning Spanish so make friends!

Ixtapa, Mexico
Level Contributor
732 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking For English Speaking Friends In Morelia

Yes, at the school, once a week there is conversation club. You speak English to Mexican students and you will meet other English speaking students.

Morelia, Mexico
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking For English Speaking Friends In Morelia

Hi. Did you find any English speaking friends? I'm an Irish man, 30, living in Morelia since the Summer.

Morelia, Mexico
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking For English Speaking Friends In Morelia

Hi there. I'm an Irish man living and working in Morelia. I would love to chat and have a few drinks if you're interested.

Erongaricuaro...
Level Contributor
129 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking For English Speaking Friends In Morelia

The English speaking community in Morelia is smaller than one imagines. There is Friends Without Borders which meets once a month and that's about it. If you want to meet English speaking friends in Morelia, I suggest you join a Travel forum for that area, then introduce yourself and offer your friendship. The largest and most active in the area is the Michoacan Net at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Michoacan_net/

Feliz viaje, David

3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking For English Speaking Friends In Morelia

Well I was thinking of moving to morelia, mouchcan...how is it for American woman?

3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking For English Speaking Friends In Morelia

Well I was thinking of moving to morelia, mouchcan...how is it for American woman?

3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking For English Speaking Friends In Morelia

Ixtapa, Mexico
Level Contributor
732 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking For English Speaking Friends In Morelia

It would be nice if you could spell Michoacan to begin with.

10. Re: Looking For English Speaking Friends In Morelia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2015, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Morelia