We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is there a mercado near the zocalo?

Colorado Springs...
5 posts
Save Topic
is there a mercado near the zocalo?

I would be looking for the typical Mexican mercado that sells food and everything else, not just arts and crafts - is there one in the historic center? Thanks!

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,812 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is there a mercado near the zocalo?

You might try the Mercado Melchor Ocampo in the El Carmen area.

http://goo.gl/maps/gtBGp

It's probably about 10 blocks from the Zocalo.

Colorado Springs...
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: is there a mercado near the zocalo?

Thanks for the reply and the map! Much appreciated.

Mississauga, Canada
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: is there a mercado near the zocalo?

If you want to enjoy traditional, good and delicious pueblan tasty food, go to the Mercado de Sabores Poblanos in Avenida 4 poniente and call3 13 norte right across the mercado Venustiano Carranza. The market “Los Sabores Poblanos“main objective is to promote, to be known and to the development of poblano cuisine. The property consists of 130 locales with traditional food, candy and crafts, as well as fourteen national franchises who offer a wide variety of foods ranging from molotes and cemitas to dishes such as the famous mole poblano and seafood.

I would personally recommend you to go to fonda "Chave" she always has chiles rellenos, albóndigas in chile stew with rice everything she cooks it's delicious and affordable that you won't regret trust me.

mercadodesaborespoblanos@gmail.com

Phone Number: (222) 403 62 44

Address: 4 Poniente No. 1106 Puebla, Pue. - See more at: …puebla.travel/activity/…sthash.7AqvxV05.dpuf

Edited: 06 February 2014, 16:08
Mississauga, Canada
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: is there a mercado near the zocalo?

A great hotel in Puebla and Oaxaca is Cityexpress or Cityjunior, they are new hotels, very clean, with LCD TV and cable, Wifi that really works in the rooms, and very kind staff who will make your stay a great experience, rooms available are habitación sencilla (single room with queen size bed) from $85.00 to $120.00 USD and you get a great continental breakfast (Coffee, pastries, fresh melón and papaya slices, milk, orange juice, ham slices, lettuce and bread). Great hotels for your money trust me I stayed there and they recently new buildings. Domicilio

There is also another good one in Oaxaca.

Lateral Sur Autopista México-Puebla

km. 117, No. Oficial 3

Col. La Trinidad Sanctorum

Cuautlancingo Puebla C.P. 72730

Frente a Planta Volkswagen.

Frente a Plaza las Brisas.

Teléfono: 01 (222) 622 0700

Fax: 01 (222) 622 0705

Reservaciones

Ciudad de México: 01 (55) 52 49 80 80

Sin costo en el interior de la República:

01 800 248 97 84

USA: +1 855 222 8285

Costa Rica: 0800 052 92 22

Colombia: 01 800 75 22273

Edited: 06 February 2014, 16:20
Colorado Springs...
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: is there a mercado near the zocalo?

Thank you very much! I will mark this on my map and check it out.

6. Re: is there a mercado near the zocalo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 February 2015, 05:21
Get answers to your questions about Puebla