We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family trip end Nov (Vancouver/Banff)

Singapore
Level Contributor
706 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Family trip end Nov (Vancouver/Banff)

How many days should I spend in Vancouver and Banff?

Whats the best way to travel from Vancouver to Banff?

Please advise anyone. I'm very new to Canada!

I'll have 2 kids (6 and 10YO)

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
72,535 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family trip end Nov (Vancouver/Banff)

Hi wenray75;

This forum is primarily about the country of Canada in general.

You would be better to post your question on the Vancouver and Banff forums, where you are most likely to receive qualified replies.

tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g154943-i81-Vancouv…

tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g154911-i221-Banff_…

Best Regards

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
18,434 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family trip end Nov (Vancouver/Banff)

You would be better off posting your questions in the Banff and Vancouver forums - this forum for "Canada" is used for questions about the country as a whole, and most of the "regulars" tend not to read all of the "Canada" posts, just the ones for their particular forums.

Banff forum: tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g154911-i221-Banff_…

Vancouver forum: tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g154943-i81-Vancouv…

Seeing as how you are coming in winter, and coming from a hot country (and I am guessing you have little or no winter driving experience), I would suggest flying from Vancouver to Calgary - check WestJet and Air Canada for fares. www.aircanada.com and www.westjet.com Driving from Vancouver to Banff is about a 10 hour drive (in ideal conditions), across several mountain ranges.

3. Re: Family trip end Nov (Vancouver/Banff)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 22:18