We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Collette Vacations

Calabasas
Level Contributor
30 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Collette Vacations

Really Bad!

Stay away. Do yourselves a favor and do not go.

This was the worst. I give it 0 stars.

Really old people.

2 of the hotel choices were awful

The food was worse.

St. Louis, Mo
Level Contributor
101 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Collette Vacations

What tour were you on and what year??

Thanks elwinnie elg4144@charter.net

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
72,466 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Collette Vacations

Hi elwinnie;

NEVER post your email address on the internet. I would STRONGLY suggest that you delete your own post immediately !

Posting your email address on the internet can dramatically increase the amount of spam you receive.

You can delete your own post by clicking on the "Report inappropriate content" button within the post your wish to delete, and then select "Remove my post" from the pull down menu.

You can then re-post your query without your email address.

Best Regards

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Collette Vacations

Hi SandG12,

Welcome to the CANADA TRAVEL FORUM

<< Really Bad! Stay away. Do yourselves a favor and do not go. This was the worst. I give it 0 stars. Really old people. 2 of the hotel choices were awful The food was worse. >>

Sorry to hear that you had a really bad vacation experience... that always sucks !!

BUT I have to ask... How much research did you do beforehand?

This being your first posting on TA in over 3 Years...

If you took this vacation recently, you certainly didn't post in the FORUMS for advice.

Most Canadians would have told you that these Organized Motorcoach Tours are NOT THE BEST WAY to see Canada... particularly so during our prime tourist season Spring thru Fall.

As well... a quick GOOGLE could have told you that Collette attracts those in their 50s and 60s (and BEYOND)... when it comes to an Age Range for their tours... there are operators out there that market to young-adults (under 30s etc) and probably would have served you better if you absolutely had to do an "Organized Tour"

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

Edited: 15 November 2011, 22:16
Calabasas
Level Contributor
30 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Collette Vacations

The trip was this year and it was the canadian Rockies. The tour guide was young and immature. Inexperienced, not intelligent and not accommodating. Very disappointing. The trip from hell! The hotels were basically disappointing and the food was gross. The trip was for old people. NOT FUN! Please do yourself a favor. ... Read up. Collette Vacations is a royal rip off! Do not go. Slot of money for what you get... Book hotels by yourself and drive.

Still shaken up!

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
18,414 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Collette Vacations

So sorry your visit was a disappointment. Thanks for taking the trouble to post hotel reviews. As a local, it's always interesting to read other people's opinions, and I'm sure they'll be helpful to future TA readers.

Do I understand it correctly that your tour had you accommodated in both the Chateau Jasper and the Fairmont Banff Springs? Quite the contrast. Did you know ahead of time which hotels it would be? How was the weather during your visit? Unfortunately, here in Jasper and I think most of Alberta, we had really poor weather through a lot of the spring and summer.

Calabasas
Level Contributor
30 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Collette Vacations

Hmmmm. Is that your picture. If you are 50 like I am...... Do not go . The majority of the People are in their 80's. Please listen to me. The most activity in this tour was bathroom stops.

Please listen. The guide was offensive and the food awful, and 2 out of the 4 hotels were dives!

Jasper hotel ,,,,, wrinkled sheets and pubic hair on the pillow.

Prince of wales ...don't stay. Accommodations are like motel 6.

Calabasas
Level Contributor
30 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Collette Vacations

We diffinatly learned our lesson, We would never use Collette vacations ever again. We would have had a lovlely time on our own. We would have only stayed in 5 star hotels, we would have rented a car and made it a wonderful adventure. We would never visit the buffalo death pit! Disgusting

Jasper hotel was horrible. The river rafting experience was not fun with 25 people cramped on one raft! We are used to fun and adventurous vacations.

Collate upis n everlasting nightmare!

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
56,960 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Collette Vacations

Reviews are available. What research did you do before you signed up? A quick google of "Collette Reviews" came up with:

epinions.com/reviews/166154703745-Collette_V…

…about.com/u/reviews/tourgroups/Tour-Operato…

It's clear the guy on this video did not do any research before booking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCNv1efRTbI

Research is what works.

Edit: SandG12, if you continue to rant, TA will likely remove your thread. Feedback that provides reasoned comments with examples is not a rant. I would like to hear what research you did for the tour before you booked.

Edited: 16 November 2011, 07:54
Calabasas
Level Contributor
30 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Collette Vacations

You are correct. Clearly not enough or any research. Just trusting.

Thank you for your advice. We learned.

Just wanted to have a good time and expected knowledgeable guide, nice hotels and good food. We are just too trusting Next time I will research.

Thanks

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
56,960 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Collette Vacations

Well, it's very, very unfortunate that your tour was so unacceptable. There is truly no travel feeling worse than being "used and abused" by a company for which you had higher expectations and trusted it to provide that. It simply leaves a bad taste in your mouth and rightfully makes you really angry. I hope your next travel experience works out much better.