We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Super 8 motels

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,323 posts
101 reviews
Save Topic
Super 8 motels

Have been reading reviews for Super 8 motels at various locations in Canada as I thought they may suite our needs for a 6 week self drive trip that is coming up however, in general, the reviews are pretty poor. Most indicate that rooms are old, musty not cleaned very well etc.

Are there any other 'chain type' motels that I could review?\

I have not reviewed every Super 8 motel and accept there maybe exceptions to the reviews I read

the overflow
Level Contributor
415 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Super 8 motels

imho they are quite similar to the budget chain here in oz...if you are satifsfied with the budget chain here then go for it....

as you are no doubt aware TA reviews are a curious mix of perception,expectations,vested interes,etc etc

Edited: 31 January 2012, 03:54
Ottawa, ON
Level Contributor
2,334 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Super 8 motels

Super 8 is one of the brands of the Wyndham Hotel Group. Their other budget brands include Days Inn, Howard Johnsons, Travelodge and Ramada.

I tend to gravitate to their properties when I do road trips - I've had a few pretty bad ones but overall I have felt they give good value for money.

The other major chains are the Choice Hotel Group (Quality Inn, Comfort Inn, Econolodge and Rodeway are their budget brands, and Best Western.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,323 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Super 8 motels

Thanks for the tips

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
17,727 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Super 8 motels

There are also Holiday Inn, and Holiday Inn Express, both part of the IHG group. I'm not sure... maybe these are considered more "mid market" rather than budget, but where I have stayed in both these brands and Super 8, Travelodge etc., the IHG ones are not much more ($15 - $20 per night), but usually newer and nicer.

5. Re: Super 8 motels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 May 2013, 10:19