We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheapest way to make & receive calls from Canada- which SIM?

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Cheapest way to make & receive calls from Canada- which SIM?

We have UK mobiles; we are going to Canada on Monday for 9 days & USA for 3 days. What is the best sim / deal to get so it doesn't cost a fortune to receive / make calls to the UK. We can make some on Skype, but will not always be in a WIFI Zone, I need to be contactable 24 hours a day by my mother elderly mother. A new temporary number is fine, but better to use my exisiting one if possible. Thanks!!

London, Canada
Level Contributor
3,759 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheapest way to make & receive calls from Canada- which SIM?

Have you checked with your local mobile service provider in the UK for data/call packages while you travel?

That's what we do when we travel to the UK, US or Europe. Same phone and same number when people need to get in touch, and relatively cost effective.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheapest way to make & receive calls from Canada- which SIM?

Thanks - yes we're with Orange - we do that for Europe - but it's pretty expensive for Canada. We're out of time now, so that's our only option, but will explore when we're there and let you know if there's a cheaper international option. Thanks again!

3. Re: Cheapest way to make & receive calls from Canada- which SIM?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 16:16