We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotwire: really unlimited mileage when going out of prov?

Edmonton, Canada
5 posts
Save Topic
Hotwire: really unlimited mileage when going out of prov?

Just wondering if you really get unlimited mileage through Hotwire car rentals when you go out of province (I'm planning to drive from Alberta to BC and back). They told me "yes" through an online chat, but I'm still nervous about it. Anyone actually done this?

Thanks.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Algonquin Provincial Park
Level Contributor
3,980 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotwire: really unlimited mileage when going out of prov?

I wouldn't recommend asking in the Canada forum. The Canada forum is an agglomeration of all the destination forums within Canada, so topics posted to it tend to get pushed off the first page fairly quickly by the sheer volume of threads from all the different local forums, and most people just read the local forums anyway. Instead I would post in the British Columbia forum.

To answer your question however, it has nothing to do with Hotwire, the car rental agencies set their policies and Hotwire simply gives you the deals they offer (anonymized of course). But yes it is fairly common for car rental agencies to offer unlimited mileage packages for use within Alberta and British Columbia. I have rented cars both in Alberta and in BC (through Hotwire, in one case, when I was picking up in Calgary) that had unlimited km's, with which I could cross the rockies to the other province. If you were planning to drive to Ontario or into the US, it would be harder to find an unlimited mileage option.

In any case, when you get to the rental agency to pick up your car the agreement will say exactly what conditions it carries, and if it differs from what was advertised on Hotwire you can take it up with them then. What you're saying they're offering sounds pretty believable though.

Edited: 03 July 2013, 20:01
Edmonton, Canada
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotwire: really unlimited mileage when going out of prov?

Great, thanks.. I'll repost in another, more localized forum, too..

3. Re: Hotwire: really unlimited mileage when going out of prov?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2014, 06:19