We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walks from Jasper town

Bath, UK
Level Contributor
51 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Walks from Jasper town

We have a free day in Jasper in early October. We won't have a car so I was just wondering what there was to do in the town itself and if there were any nice walks accessible from the town?

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
19,194 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walks from Jasper town

Jasper forum is here:

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g154918-i465-Jaspe…

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
19,019 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walks from Jasper town

Hello from Jasper! This question would be better posted on the Jasper forum, but I happen to be one of a handful of "regulars" that monitor this Canada forum, which collects ALL the posts for ALL the forums across the entire country.

There are tons of trails on Pyramid Bench that you can walk - these are forested walks to various lakes, with limited views. There are several access points for the Bench at various places in town; if you can indicate where you are staying, I can give you more specific information about which of the Bench trails are closest to you.

A more scenic trail is across the river, about 2 km from town - the Old Fort Point loop; the total distance from downtown for this hike would be about 8 km or so, return. Stop in at the Trail Office in the visitor centre and the Parks Canada staff can give you a brochure with hiking information, and also advise regarding bear and elk sightings etc. (It's the elk rut right now and the bulls are very aggressive and dangerous so you want to be sure to give them lots of space!)

Bath, UK
Level Contributor
51 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walks from Jasper town

Thank you. We are staying at the Amethyst Lodge in Jasper.

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
19,019 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walks from Jasper town

The Amethyst is located quite centally in town; the closest trailhead access to the Bench is the Activity Centre parking lot, which is about three blocks away. This page from the Jasper NP website has trail info - click on the "Pyramid Bench" link, where three of the four trails listed are accessed via that trailhead. You may also find the map helpful (open the pdf version for a better view).

5. Re: Walks from Jasper town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2014, 05:19