We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight from Toronto to calgery

houston
Level Contributor
1,211 posts
Save Topic
Flight from Toronto to calgery

Hi There,

Were planning to explore national parks Canadian rockies(Japer and Banff) etc in June. We've international flight and our flight will make stopover in Toronto. Now will have to take flight from Toronto to Calgery to visit N PARKS.

Please advise how much will be the flight and how long? Which search engine should I look for cheaper fare?..

Thanks!

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
16,207 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight from Toronto to calgery

Air Canada; www.aircanada.com

WestJet: www.westjet.com

As you've been advised on your other thread, posting in the all-encompassing Canada forum is not the best way to get answers for regional specific queries.

houston
Level Contributor
1,211 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight from Toronto to calgery

Sorry but I was confused for this question which forum should I choose?..Thanks for ur response.

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
17,727 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flight from Toronto to calgery

The Calgary and Canadian Rockies forums would be good choices.

tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g154913-i285-Calgar…

tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g659487-i11598-Cana…

houston
Level Contributor
1,211 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Flight from Toronto to calgery

Thanks for ur advise.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
287 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flight from Toronto to calgery

The Calgary - Toronto fight is about 4.5 hours and can vary in price but is typically in the $500-$600 range round trip for economy class.

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
17,727 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flight from Toronto to calgery

Bind23, if you have not yet booked your flight, and are not planning to stay in the Toronto/southern Ontario region as part of your holiday, it would be cheaper to book a flight itinerary to Calgary. It may connect through Toronto. Air Canada is part of the Star Alliance network, and WestJet works with some international carriers (like KLM, for one). Is the location given in your TA username correct - Houston ... Texas? There are plenty of flights from there to locations in western Canada, including Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver, which are the main arrival points for people wanting to visit the Canadian Rockies (although Vancouver is 500+ miles from the Rockies).

Edited: 02 October 2013, 00:22
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
54,758 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flight from Toronto to calgery

Yes, another of their posts says Texas.

Two good websites to do air routing and air fare research are:

http://www.skyscanner.ca/

and

http://matrix.itasoftware.com/

These are where you find what's possible and the approx airfares, then book directly with the airline. One ticket right through to final destination.

What is a mile? hehehehehe.

houston
Level Contributor
1,211 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Flight from Toronto to calgery

OMG it will be that expensive..$500-$600 just frm Toronto to Calgery...We're 4 people travelling that will be very expensive for us..Actually our final destination is south America and the flight is gonna make stopover in Toronto so that's why we thought that we'll stay couple of days there..But now it's coming up so expensive don't know what to do?..

Thanks!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Flight from Toronto to calgery

Is your international flight already booked? If so, spend the time in the Toronto area, and perhaps go to Niagara Falls. Calgary is a really long way to go from Toronto for a couple of days.

If nothing is booked yet, you should look at doing everything as a single booking rather than assembling different flights yourself -- it could be much cheaper this way. Use the "multi-city" option on your booking site to enter the sequence of flights you want.

It would help us advise you if you said where you're coming from. It'd be odd to fly from Houston, Texas to South America via Toronto -- it's very much out of your way!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
287 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Flight from Toronto to calgery

I don't understand your itinerary. It says you are from Houston on your profile...I have flown direct from Calgary to Houston many times...in fact, I've connected in Houston when on my way to South America from Canada. If you don't plan on doing anything in Toronto, it doesn't make sense to fly there at all. Any chance you can change your flights?

Also, I'm not sure if you realize that Houston to the Canadian Rockies is actually about the same distance as Toronto to the Canadian Rockies. In fact, I just googled it and Houston is a little closer. If you are stopping in Toronto, maybe you could do a few things in that area.

Flying within Canada is usually pretty expensive.

Edited: 02 October 2013, 22:27